Sponsored

Will I be the only Rivian in New England?

Patsfan038

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Scientist
Congrats! Between this and the Fed tax credit, most of us will do well!

Aubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Preorder
I just DC fast charged for the first time from 50%-70% at EA southshore.

Average cost ended up being $0.175/kWh. This is cheaper than my rate at home at $0.25/kWh with Eversource.
Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? Screenshot_20220806-201024_Electrify America

Patsfan038

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Scientist

Average cost ended up being $0.175/kWh. This is cheaper than my rate at home at $0.25/kWh with Eversource.
Screenshot_20220806-201024_Electrify America.jpg
That’s cheap. At the EA near my house, it charges per min. Not sure if that will end up being cheaper or more expensive. BTW, does anyone in MA has EV rates for electric? I don’t think I have seen anyone with special rates for EV.

Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? 38A8386E-23F2-4361-89E1-4845D80FD4B6

RivianCurious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EV, Rivian R1T
Clubs

Screenshot_20220806-201024_Electrify America.jpg
You were about 5 miles from my house.

Sponsored

RivianCurious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EV, Rivian R1T
Clubs

That’s cheap. At the EA near my house, it charges per min. Not sure if that will end up being cheaper or more expensive. BTW, does anyone in MA has EV rates for electric? I don’t think I have seen anyone with special rates for EV.

38A8386E-23F2-4361-89E1-4845D80FD4B6.jpeg
I have a special EV rate with National Grid for our Bolt EV - not for the R1T.
I give them permission to turn off Bolt charging via onstar when they determine peak power draw for the grid. In turn, they take 5¢ off per kW while the Bolt is not charging. It's usually for 3 hours per day from 4pm-7pm. Each event is optional. They text me before they turn it off. I can text Stop to cancel. It doesn't affect my dual head EVSE in any way. The end result is my R1T continues charging at the lower kW rate of 19¢ per kW for 3 hours. I got also $75 for signing up.
Rivian does not participate in the National Grid program yet.

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
Occupation
IT
But everyone on National Grid did submit the request for it to be added, right?

That's the only way they'll work to get it to play nice....

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
I have a special EV rate with National Grid for our Bolt EV - not for the R1T.
I give them permission to turn off Bolt charging via onstar when they determine peak power draw for the grid. In turn, they take 5¢ off per kW while the Bolt is not charging. It's usually for 3 hours per day from 4pm-7pm. Each event is optional. They text me before they turn it off. I can text Stop to cancel. It doesn't affect my dual head EVSE in any way. The end result is my R1T continues charging at the lower kW rate of 19¢ per kW for 3 hours. I got also $75 for signing up.
Rivian does not participate in the National Grid program yet.
Does Eversource have a similar program? This is my first ev and I honestly haven’t been digging deeply into what’s possible.

psklenar

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T

ElectrifiedOverland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Porsche 911, Mercedes ML350
Occupation
Pilot
Clubs

Joining you New England Rivian Owners tomorrow when we take delivery of our Limestone/Forest Edge R1T! What seems to be the typical wait for accessories to be delivered? We have a camping trip scheduled next weekend and it would be really disappointing to not have them in time to mount the rooftop tent. I reached out to my guide who said he’d make a note in the system but wasn’t particularly helpful otherwise.

Sponsored

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

Joining you New England Rivian Owners tomorrow when we take delivery of our Limestone/Forest Edge R1T! What seems to be the typical wait for accessories to be delivered? We have a camping trip scheduled next weekend and it would be really disappointing to not have them in time to mount the rooftop tent. I reached out to my guide who said he’d make a note in the system but wasn’t particularly helpful otherwise.
Congrats. Some folks got their accessories before they even got their truck, or like me when my cargo rails was delivered 2 weeks after my truck was delivered and still waiting on others. I guess it depends on availability of these items.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
Where are you located? I can lend you my rails if you are in a pinch. I got my rails about two weeks after the truck but the charger showed hours before the truck.

RivianNE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla 3 LR Dual|2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Anyone got a rooftop tent? Any suggestions?

ElectrifiedOverland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Porsche 911, Mercedes ML350
Occupation
Pilot
Clubs

Where are you located? I can lend you my rails if you are in a pinch. I got my rails about two weeks after the truck but the charger showed hours before the truck.
That’s really nice of you to offer! Crossing my fingers that mine will ship soon, I’m number 70 (!!) in line to chat with CS right now to see if they know anything. I live in southern NH but I’m in Chelsea pretty often, a stone’s throw from the SC.
Sponsored