First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
That would be true except for one thing, there's no such thing as bad publicity. The fact that Musk is seen as a player in the public space is a good thing for his companies. Also there have ALWAYS been racist tweets on there and heterophobic ones for that matter as well, so this new cesspool just evens the playing field. The leftist toxicity didn't tank the platform so chances are the rightist won't either. It's a bad business for absolutely nothing to do with those reasons.

Advertisers don't care about Musk's opinions at the end of the day so long as they can distance themselves from it. What Musk is doing is driving engagement to his platform which bottom line is all investors care about. He's going to moderate, just apply those standards evenly and transparently. All these examples of toxic tweets mean nothing as they get removed. Back when I was still dumb enough to have socials I saw people boiling puppies alive on Facebook, and people committing suicide on there too by blowing their heads off. Surely you don't think Zuckerberg condoned that sort of stuff right? Of course it was removed, just like the tweets you reference.
Yes, there always have been racist and terrible tweets on Twitter WHILE they were trying everything they could to stop it. So how many more will be visible now that “free speech absolutist” Musk has taken over?

And it’s just not true that all publicity is good. The years 2016-2020 should be evidence enough of that. GM reportedly spent $20 million a year advertising on Twitter before Musk took over. It’s already suspended that alongside other automakers. Their reasoning? They don’t trust Musk to manage the platform.
https://jalopnik.com/elon-musks-behavior-continues-to-make-automakers-nervou-1849757078

And the entire circus IS hurting his reputation and that of his other businesses. It’s not 1903 and Musk is not Henry Ford.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...ircus-gets-Tesla-booted-investments-list.html

Using made up terms like “heterophobia” and “leftist toxicity” as excuses for why certain people aren’t allowed to harass others and spread hatred on a PRIVATELY owned platform that can make whatever content rules it wants is actually just further proof of what a disaster this will be. It’s Musk’s company now - he can turn it into Stormfront or Parler or InfoWars if he wants to. Maybe he can start selling colloidal silver supplements and videos of him screaming about false flag attacks to make up the hundreds of millions per year he loses from normal advertisers.:giggle:

Zuckerberg’s inability to police his platform has greatly damaged his reputation and that of FB/ Meta or whatever the next name will be. Allowing your social network to be used by foreign nations in an effort to affect the results of a US election tends to make one look bad, hence the name change... It won’t work.

Honestly I’m just enjoying the show. Watching Musk flail around and pretend like he is connected to reality is very entertaining to me.

Kidentist

First Name
Carlitos way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7,A3, Macan GTS
Occupation
Mouth Janitor
Millenials and the tik-tok generation..... :rolleyes:

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
So which stock today, right now.... is a better buy.... TSLA or RIVN?

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Yes, there always have been racist and terrible tweets on Twitter WHILE they were trying everything they could to stop it. So how many more will be visible now that “free speech absolutist” Musk has taken over?

And it’s just not true that all publicity is good. The years 2016-2020 should be evidence enough of that. GM reportedly spent $20 million a year advertising on Twitter before Musk took over. It’s already suspended that alongside other automakers. Their reasoning? They don’t trust Musk to manage the platform.
https://jalopnik.com/elon-musks-behavior-continues-to-make-automakers-nervou-1849757078

And the entire circus IS hurting his reputation and that of his other businesses. It’s not 1903 and Musk is not Henry Ford.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...ircus-gets-Tesla-booted-investments-list.html

Using made up terms like “heterophobia” and “leftist toxicity” as excuses for why certain people aren’t allowed to harass others and spread hatred on a PRIVATELY owned platform that can make whatever content rules it wants is actually just further proof of what a disaster this will be. It’s Musk’s company now - he can turn it into Stormfront or Parler or InfoWars if he wants to. Maybe he can start selling colloidal silver supplements and videos of him screaming about false flag attacks to make up the hundreds of millions per year he loses from normal advertisers.:giggle:

Zuckerberg’s inability to police his platform has greatly damaged his reputation and that of FB/ Meta or whatever the next name will be. Allowing your social network to be used by foreign nations in an effort to affect the results of a US election tends to make one look bad, hence the name change... It won’t work.

Honestly I’m just enjoying the show. Watching Musk flail around and pretend like he is connected to reality is very entertaining to me.

Heterophobia and leftist toxicity are just as made up words as right toxicity and homophobia are.

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Yea this is a bit misguided. While they haven’t sold more vehicles than Ford GM Toyota their net profits have been higher this year due to their gross margins on each vehicle sold of more than 30% vs the typical 10% or lower. On total sales so far this year Tesla has made more profit than the auto giant Toyota even though Toyota has outsold Tesla by quite a bit.. it all comes down to margins and efficiency in auto production. Tesla has it down to a science, they keep the vehicle interiors super basic and cars easy to assemble with lots of robotics/AI and charge a pretty penny for it. I’ll buy the dip personally. Is the twitter fiasco having an affect on the stock. Definitely. It will take a while but it will pass, IMO. Summary, valuations based on expectations and profits not how many cars a company sells necessarily.
That’s a fair point.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Is Elon Musk's disastrous takeover of twitter going to be a detriment to Tesla sales and therefor helpful to rivian and other electric manufacturers? Seems likely...

https://www.thewrap.com/elon-musk-tesla-twitter-maga/
One can only hope. His antics the past few years have been a turn off to many I know. On the TMC forum I see more and more people “changing horses”. FSD lies, beta forever, build non quality, endless half shaft vibration problems, etc have many really pissed off. I had three, but down to only one. And only because the depreciation on the Plaid is horrific.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
One can only hope. His antics the past few years have been a turn off to many I know. On the TMC forum I see more and more people “changing horses”. FSD lies, beta forever, build non quality, endless half shaft vibration problems, etc have many really pissed off. I had three, but down to only one. And only because the depreciation on the Plaid is horrific.
I was super surprised with the S Plaid depreciation compared to their other vehicles.. yikes.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I sold my Tesla stock earlier this year after buying in at $25 and another round at $50 (pre split of Course). It was a great investment that was very profitable but there's no reason to stay in it. I want Tesla to succeed but I have no desire to be invested in any company run by 2022 style Elon Musk.

Also - look what they did with Solar. They bailed out his relatives by buying Solar City and then just killed that off.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
[QUOTE="COdogman, post: 235605, member: 5123"

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Sponsored

Tahoe Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
I would have to agree. Musk seems to be losing it. I'm not sure what the Twitter purchase was for, seems like a huge expense, distraction and disaster all wrapped up into one.

He spouts his politics and when people think Telsa they think Musk. So he's putting off many would be buyers. It will be interesting to see where the chips fall. Amazing what some of these billionaires do for fun.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
[QUOTE="COdogman, post: 235605, member: 5123"

Agreed.
[/QUOTE]

Call your brother-in-law; tell him to set up the lawn chairs!

Rivian R1T R1S Musk's twitter problem a boon for Rivian sales? [***NO POLITICS***] D2B858C2-ECCA-4179-9E40-FE52EEA62895

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT