Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Processing ………

Rivian R1T R1S Delivery Estimate Updates Are Out! ⏱️ [as of Jan 31, 2022] 346E570A-43CB-4E8D-8C6F-6476DFAB1B87
Sponsored

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
I should've changed my config back on the 16th cutoff for changes to get under the $80k number in hopes that there would be some tax benefits since my PBA is esentially worthless. Was shown Apr-Jun delivery for an R1S prior to that but too chicken to change it at this point after waiting 2 years. Like others, processing....

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Could be a Rivian issue rather than an EA issue?

Also, it's been well-known that it's not a good idea to use the 350w EA chargers on the Rivian. Kyle knows this, yet still chooses to do it. Don't know if that's the case with this particular instance. But know that A LOT of people have had issues, including myself almost every time I tried them with the 350w chargers on a Rivian. Somehow, they don't communicate properly and the charger delivers more power than the Rivian can take, overheats the battery and actually leads to slower charging times if charging any longer than 10-15 minutes.

Until the issue is fixed, I don't even think about trying to use them anymore. Just stick to the 150w chargers, which when going from 10 to 80% is generally quicker than the same with the 350w EA charger if you're one of the few where the truck doesn't error out before it reaches 80%.
Is this really well known?

I consider myself fairly well informed where I check this forum, and I follow the FB Rivian forums and I never came across this issue.

The claim is that its delivering more KW to the battery than the Rivian is requesting is certainly plausible, but how do we know? If its delivering something well in excess of the 220kw (the last I heard) then we know something is going on. But, we don't really know the expected charge curve to compare against. We also have to control for preconditioning.

With EA its a bit complicated because they have different charger vendors. So we need to know which ones are impacted by this, and which ones aren't.

In my experience I've had more problems with 350kw chargers in terms of starting, and initial power delivery than I have with 150kw chargers. I tend to go for the 150kw chargers unless my battery is really low which is really the only time one really benefits from the 220kw versus 150kw.

Now that there are RAN chargers in the vicinity of where I take my Rivian I'll probably do a comparison between the charge taper of a 350kw charger and the charge taper of the RAN. In my limited experience the RAN seems faster, but it might be because there is zero hassle in using it. You just plug and charge just like Tesla.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

@Zoidz you seem to be confusing a tweet with journalism. this isn't an investigsative journalism piece and Kyle isn't making accusations. He is merely re-sharing an event
IMHO that’s the problem today… “tweets” (and more specifically, re-tweets) ARE taken for journalism today. Re-tweets of FUD spread faster than that movie theater sneeze in Outbreak.

sinnr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW x6m, m coupe and 135i
nothing. probably Jan. 31 if they even make it this month
Mine , and others, currently say "processing estimates" where the previous estimate was listed so I assume that we will get a new update soon

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Mine , and others, currently say "processing estimates" where the previous estimate was listed so I assume that we will get a new update soon
Mañana probably

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

I suspect the addition of the language about other people changing their config affecting timing of existing orders means there was a significant number of early orders that switched from Max pack to Large pack post October refresh and are about to jump the line for the Large pack, pushing back many existing estimates a month or two.

sabreheel74

First Name
Karthi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Subaru Impreza 2.5
Occupation
Sr. Director Clinical Development
I got the “end of January” for my R1T, (March 22 preorder) I haven’t heard a peep. I called them on the 25th and my guide said expect an update on Monday to your status. We shall see
I’m also March-22 (3/11/22 to be exact). When did you get a guide?? See - yet another example of how confusing this whole process is …. Grrrrrr

Sponsored

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
while my page still sits at processing estimate, when i do the good old developer tools, inspect, graphql configurationStatus find as shown in this forum. I do have a new date that was not there before. I was just "processing for the last 3 months"

"estimatedDeliveryWindow": {
"endDate": "2024-06-30",
"startDate": "2024-01-01"

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
while my page still sits are processing estimate, when i do the good old developer tools, inspect, graphql configurationStatus find as shown in this forum. I do have a new date that was not there before. I was just "processing for the last 3 months"

"estimatedDeliveryWindow": {
"endDate": "2024-06-30",
"startDate": "2024-01-01"
Looks like your updated window is going to 1H 2024.

Reactions: Guy

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter