Sponsored

e4gaa1104

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S Tesla Model 3 Jeep Wrangler 4XE
Clubs

Wow. April to June 23 has moved to Oct to Dec 23 on a May 21 pre order. Patience has almost all evaporated
Sponsored

urundai

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model X
7/21 order date.

R1S, El Cap, OC, 22 brights.

I changed from BM to OC, and from 21s to 22s over the last year and a half. But yeah….a full year bump.
I am same config and got moved from jul-sep 23 to Jan-Jun 24. Sep’21 preorder.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
I have seen some people pushed back to 2H 2024. This will not be good financially for Rivian as they will be selling pre March 2022 vehicles through to the end of NEXT year. Doesn’t bode well for their 2023 production estimates at the next quarterly call.
This has nothing to do with this. Rivian makes updates to their vehicles all the time.

Sponsored

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
7/21 order date.

R1S, El Cap, OC, 22 brights.

I changed from BM to OC, and from 21s to 22s over the last year and a half. But yeah….a full year bump.
Are you near a SC?

I wonder if OC orders are getting pushed out further.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Cool. So swapping out of a quad max narrowed my delivery window to 1st half of '24.
Neat.

@Dark-Fx you win.

Edit - I literally looked up what year we're in at present... Yup, still 2023. Ffs

Rivian R1T R1S Delivery Estimate Updates Are Out! ⏱️ [as of Jan 31, 2022] Screenshot_20230131_184108_Chrome~2

MTStuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Toyota Tundra
Just got my updates, looks like they regret the Montana deliveries they've made because my new windows are July-Dec. 2024, which would represent a 5-year wait from my Sept.2019 preorders. Beat that!

Surfinkal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Data Engineer
I'm done with this company. I confirmed my configuration and have had a guide since November, and they push my date back 2 - 4 months to align with the opening of a new service center. I live 5 miles away from the San Diego service center.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Interesting. Will be interesting to see when you get a VIN assigned. Our trucks could hit the SC at the same time. Mine just showed up (same as the graphql data) as April/May 2023 as well.
It’s possible! If we pickup on the same day I’ll buy you a celebratory beer at Cohesion :beer:

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I'm done with this company. I confirmed my configuration and have had a guide since November, and they push my date back 2 - 4 months to align with the opening of a new service center. I live 5 miles away from the San Diego service center.
That’s not that bad. Come on.

RoadRunner

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Audi A6
Clubs

I'm in New Mexico (no service center, crappy laws, etc), Jan 22 R1S preorder and have never had a delivery window. Still no delivery window after this non-upate. Looks like I'm looking at end of 2024 at the earliest, maybe later, maybe never? Glad my new 4Runner should be here in a week or so.

This is the nothing-burger they sent me tonight, 3 months after promising a delivery window estimate in January:

"We previously told you that you could expect your delivery window estimate this January. As we continue planning the roll out of a Rivian Service Center in your area, we need more time to understand when that site will be ready to support your vehicle's delivery and ongoing service needs. For now, we're leaving your Account Page set to "Processing estimate" and plan to update your account with delivery timing during our next scheduled refresh in April.

While we know this is not the news you were hoping to hear, we are working hard to provide Rivian owners with a complete ownership experience. Vehicle support infrastructure is key to providing the level of service owners deserve. Our team will continue to explore ways to expedite the development of this infrastructure in order to get your R1S to you sooner.

As a reminder, your current estimate is based on your configuration as of January 15, 2023. "

Impromptu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Pacifica
Someone on the Facebook R1S page posted a hack that looks at the metadata on the site to show the estimated date. Hopefully it isn't right because I'm seeing a bump from July-Sept 2023 to Jan-June 2024. Very irritating.
My delivery estimate for my R1S has finally updated and has moved from July-Sept 2023 to Jan-June 2024. I am not happy with this and will be considering different vehicles.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Cool. So swapping out of a quad max narrowed my delivery window to 1st half of '24.
Neat.

@Dark-Fx you win.

Screenshot_20230131_184108_Chrome~2.jpg
I left my quad+max reservation and they didn't touch it yet. Email only mentioned my first reservation, which apparently didn't change even though I changed it from an R1T to R1S.

The email did say that I was welcome to keep looking in the R1 Shop though, so I suppose I need to ask CS why I never see vehicles even though other people have since been given access to it.
Sponsored