Sponsored

Cybertruck reveals new triangle mirrors (removable) in Palo Alto sighting 📸🎥 (video)

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
As a work truck, there is no comparison.
Sponsored

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Same with me.

The CT bed volume is likely 2x the R1T, which I would find useful.

My primary concern with Rivian is financial viability. 2023 should have been the year of the production ramp, which apparently isn't happening.

From photos I ca't see myself owning a CT. But perhaps I will feel different once the vehicle starts appearing on the road.

I don't care for the front of the R1T either, but I don't expect embarrassment driving it.
2023: 60-70k vehicles
2024: 110k
2025: 150-175k

Why isn’t the ramp happening?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
And we have had new production estimates. They cut staff ahead of the feb 28 earning report.
They did not lay off any production staff.

RJ Scaringe, the CEO of the Irvine-based electric truck maker, announced the cuts in a Wednesday email obtained by SFGATE, warning his employees that they would hear from their managers within a half-hour if they were about to be laid off. Employees who work at Rivian's manufacturing plant in Illinois are safe, Scaringe said, meaning that the cuts will likely hit corporate employees at its Irvine headquarters, in Palo Alto and elsewhere.

“We must focus our resources on ramp and our path to profitability,” Scaringe wrote in the email, which thanked workers for their contributions and plainly stated, “This is a hard day.”
https://www.sfgate.com/tech/article/rivian-lays-off-6-percent-17757697.php

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
Does anyone really think Tesla will launch a vehicle without a proper third brake light? I mean they go a bit rouge now and then, but not to the tune of something so obvious…it would be a really odd battle to pick For them.

It amazes me how people think Tesla must be full of morons just because they do not like Elon. I get not being an Elon fan, but he’s far, far from the only person driving Tesla now. Tesla has become a juggernaut and us on the outside only see a fraction of it.
I thought Tesla couldn’t possibly launch a vehicle with a yoke steering wheel, and without any physical turn signal controls or PNDR control, but now here we are. They made it the only option on the S and X for like a year. I used to think Musk acted like a rational human, but I’m not sure that’s a safe assumption anymore.

Sponsored

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
I thought Tesla couldn’t possibly launch a vehicle with a yoke steering wheel, and without any physical turn signal controls or PNDR control, but now here we are. They made it the only option on the S and X for like a year. I used to think Musk acted like a rational human, but I’m not sure that’s a safe assumption anymore.
Yep, actually more like a year and half for yoke only! And yep, they do what they like, within certain constraints. But going back to my point that they also are not tone deaf to the market and consumers, the yoke is now optional. They do listen and they do adjust. Elon tweeted that a new S would not get a steering wheel, yet here it is. Either his is rational or someone else also call shots within Tesla.

Interesting too how other auto manufacturers (Toyota) have now slowly and somewhat silently adopted forms of the yoke.

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
i'm wondering how many of those pre-ordered folks are thinking to park the CT in their garage... and how many actually can based on the size?

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
i'm wondering how many of those pre-ordered folks are thinking to park the CT in their garage... and how many actually can based on the size?
Texas is not San Fransisco. Also, the CT is not tall when lowered.

Sponsored

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
If people take delivery of an actual Cybertruck with a functioning tonneau cover before I get a functioning tonneau in my R1T, I’m gonna kick a puppy.

Riv_Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
I personally find the pictures of the CT to be unattractive; like something from a sci fi movie.. Sometimes, vehicles look a lot better in the flesh, so I’ll reserve judgment. I do generally believe that polarizing design (love it or hate it; not many who are indifferent) is a better business strategy than trying to avoid offending anyone provided the love it/must have it market size is big enough.

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
There are 2 million plus full-sized pickups sold each year. A standard garage is 20' deep. At least where I live this will be a very common vehicle size.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I can't wait for Sandy's deconstruction of the CT sometime in 2030...
Sponsored