Sponsored

Cybertruck reveals new triangle mirrors (removable) in Palo Alto sighting 📸🎥 (video)

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
There are 2 million plus full-sized pickups sold each year. A standard garage is 20' deep. At least where I live this will be a very common vehicle size.
You got your point but I really don't think most buyers of CT are the REGULAR truck guys.
Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
If one imagined a type of car Andrew Tate would drive, this would probably be it.

I will also assume that people who drive the cybertruck are secretly Andrew Tate wannabes
it does look like a TaintMobile doesn't it...

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Texas is not San Fransisco. Also, the CT is not tall when lowered.
How do you know how tall it is or how high the doorway is? All the website says is it can raise or lower 4”. No other specs.

And even that should be suspect since the website also says it can ”pull near infinite mass” :giggle:

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
How do you know how tall it is or how high the doorway is? All the website says is it can raise or lower 4”. No other specs.

And even that should be suspect since the website also says it can ”pull near infinite mass” :giggle:
Chuck Norris would still win in a tug of war match with the CT. And with just one arm

Sponsored

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y

Its designed to kneel to allow reaching over the sloped side bed. Plus everyone now designs to stay under the standard American garage door opening., which is something like 78".

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Its designed to kneel to allow reaching over the sloped side bed. Plus everyone now designs to stay under the standard American garage door opening., which is something like 78".
It might do all of that. Fit in every garage, kneel, operate as a boat, pull near infinite mass, bulletproof glass, etc. all for the only stated price so far of $40k. The joke is that no one actually knows anything about it yet it’s supposed to begin production in a few months.

No one knows the dimensions, the weight, the range, payload, towing capacity, the price, or what features it will actually have. Has anyone actually seen the CT kneel? Obviously it’s possible with an air suspension but with the front of the bed sides so tall to begin with, lowering 4” still doesn’t seem like enough.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
per chatgpt... "how large is the Tesla cybertruck"

The Tesla Cybertruck is a full-size pickup truck with the following dimensions:
  • Length: 231.7 inches (5,887 mm)
  • Width: 97.6 inches (2,477 mm)
  • Height: 75.0 inches (1,905 mm)
  • Wheelbase: 150.0 inches (3,810 mm)
These dimensions make the Tesla Cybertruck one of the largest electric pickup trucks on the market. It is designed to be a rugged and versatile vehicle that can handle demanding jobs and off-road adventures. The large size of the Cybertruck also provides ample space for cargo and passengers.

Sponsored

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
It might do all of that. Fit in every garage, kneel, operate as a boat, pull near infinite mass, bulletproof glass, etc. all for the only stated price so far of $40k. The joke is that no one actually knows anything about it yet it’s supposed to begin production in a few months.

No one knows the dimensions, the weight, the range, payload, towing capacity, the price, or what features it will actually have. Has anyone actually seen the CT kneel? Obviously it’s possible with an air suspension but with the front of the bed sides so tall to begin with, lowering 4” still doesn’t seem like enough.
You obviously don't follow Tesla. There are plenty of current statements on the chrectoristics of the cybertruck. No one except you cares about exact dimensions. It's sized to compete as a full size pickup.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
You obviously don't follow Tesla. There are plenty of current statements on the chrectoristics of the cybertruck. No one except you cares about exact dimensions. It's sized to compete as a full size pickup.
I think the point is that full size pick up buyers are not likely to buy this over an F150 or something they know already.

And traditionally non-truck buyers aren’t that interested in a car this big

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I'm one who is expecting the CT to look better in person then in photos... and I expect the interior to look super futuristic. I also expect amazing performance and features found on no other vehicle.
There are enough Rivian orders to keep them in business for at least the next several years and enough CT orders on hand to keep Tesla busy building them for the next several years. We should count ourselves lucky to have choices (along with the Lightning and Silverado) because just a year ago there was only one EV truck available if your name wasn't Kyle.