Sponsored

Cybertruck reveals new triangle mirrors (removable) in Palo Alto sighting 📸🎥 (video)

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
cool. I can't wait to plow my driveways and farm yard with it.
Cool. Thanks for the update.

For those of us that might need the functionality of a truck in a work capacity, it will be a more capable selection.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
You obviously don't follow Tesla. There are plenty of current statements on the chrectoristics of the cybertruck. No one except you cares about exact dimensions. It's sized to compete as a full size pickup.
Yeah, the size of a vehicle doesn’t matter to anyone. What a dumb thing to be curious about🙄

How would you possibly know how much I or anyone else “follows” Tesla? Do I have to be in a special club to check the Tesla website section on the Cybertruck to get the REAL specs? Because there aren’t any.

What are the “current Statements” about anything I mentioned that you feel are official?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Musk says in that tweet (from 2020) that he expects it to be ”closer to 82 inches” body width. I take that to mean without mirrors.
He also said the production CT would be a few % smaller than the prototype, then he said no size reduction, then "it will be close to the prototype size" whatever that means ;)

According to the official Rivian website "The width of the R1T and the R1S is 81.8 inches with the side mirrors folded". I imagine the CT will be right up near that...

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Cool. Thanks for the update.

For those of us that might need the functionality of a truck in a work capacity, it will be a more capable selection.
where can I read official figures on work-related specs? TIA

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Not a single result is from Tesla :CWL:
Seeing as it ain't built yet, that's a given. A 6.5' bed, minimum, is a must for most out of a work truck. Given the sizes that have changed with the imaginary truck, the 6.5' bed seems to be consistent.

Like I said...who f*cking cares if he doesn't make it. The point is moot. But the Rivian is NOT a work truck option for anyone that does tradesman type work. It's a great truck for off-roading and other stuff, but I don't see it being an option to replace fleet trucks.

That was my point from before. Until it's made...who cares. But if it's final form shares some of the dimensions and design of the models shown currently...it will be more useful and capable work truck. Charging network would be another large advantage as well.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Seeing as it ain't built yet, that's a given. A 6.5' bed, minimum, is a must for most out of a work truck. Given the sizes that have changed with the imaginary truck, the 6.5' bed seems to be consistent.

Like I said...who f*cking cares if he doesn't make it. The point is moot. But the Rivian is NOT a work truck option for anyone that does tradesman type work. It's a great truck for off-roading and other stuff, but I don't see it being an option to replace fleet trucks.

That was my point from before. Until it's made...who cares. But if it's final form shares some of the dimensions and design of the models shown currently...it will be more useful and capable work truck. Charging network would be another large advantage as well.
It is being built. The videos you have seen the last couple days are trucks from the new production line.

The Rivian was never marketed as a work truck. It was marketed as an “adventure vehicle”. I wouldn’t put much trust in any previous promises Musk has made about what the CT has or can do. Given the likely price of the CT initially I doubt it will be fleet worthy either, even if it has the features you want.

Sponsored

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
It is being built. The videos you have seen the last couple days are trucks from the new production line.

The Rivian was never marketed as a work truck. It was marketed as an “adventure vehicle”. I wouldn’t put much trust in any previous promises Musk has made about what the CT has or can do. Given the likely price of the CT initially I doubt it will be fleet worthy either, even if it has the features you want.
Never said or thought of the Rivian as a work truck...hence the reason I put deposits on the CT and Lightning.

I only said that as a work truck, there is no comparison previously. Everyone was ripping on the truck and I was commenting that it will service a market purpose. That inspired some comment about snow or plowing or whatever.

They will likely roll out the expensive ones first but we will see if the single motors ever hit the market.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Never said or thought of the Rivian as a work truck...hence the reason I put deposits on the CT and Lightning.

I only said that as a work truck, there is no comparison previously. Everyone was ripping on the truck and I was commenting that it will service a market purpose. That inspired some comment about snow or plowing or whatever.

They will likely roll out the expensive ones first but we will see if the single motors ever hit the market.
Except you are commenting on purely imaginary features mentioned by a pathological liar. So including it in any comparison is premature to say the least. The CT could eventually have versions that are good work trucks, but for that matter Rivian could make a future version that does the same thing.

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Except you are commenting on purely imaginary features mentioned by a pathological liar. So including it in any comparison is premature to say the least. The CT could eventually have versions that are good work trucks, but for that matter Rivian could make a future version that does the same thing.
Don't recall commenting on something Elon said. Only on observations of test model dimensions and indicated functionalities based on the demo of it. Seems like you are a bit more wound up by Elon than anything else.

Maybe you are right about Rivian and maybe Ford will start cranking out more trucks. I don't care who makes the truck to be honest. As long as they can make it, hit a price point for a "work truck" sector, and support it.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV

Believe it or not on an afternoon bike ride today I actually came across a custom home builder sitting in his Rivian outside of a new build. He was unloading boxes of tile from the truck bed.

It's very rare that anyone would use a Rivian for a work truck. The same will go for the Cybertruck. Most tradesman can't afford an expensive truck and they aren't going to want the hassle of charging on the road. I would also bet many have a negative opinion of EVs in general and it will be another 10+ years before they start to get on board with electric trucks in large numbers. The Cybertruck will simply be a flashy object for Tesla fans and a "real truck" for a small number of people.

I'm not a truck person and originally wanted the R1S. I ended up with the R1T and love it as an "adventure" vehicle. I will never use it for towing or any traditional truck uses. It's basically a family/gear hauler and a camping vehicle. If my only options were a traditional electric pickup (F150, Silverado, etc) or the Cybertruck, I would have simply purchase the R1S or another off-road capable SUV.

My guess is most of the Cybertruck buyers aren't real truck people and the novelty will fade quickly.

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Believe it or not on an afternoon bike ride today I actually came across a custom home builder sitting in his Rivian outside of a new build. He was unloading boxes of tile from the truck bed.

It's very rare that anyone would use a Rivian for a work truck. The same will go for the Cybertruck. Most tradesman can't afford an expensive truck and they aren't going to want the hassle of charging on the road. I would also bet many have a negative opinion of EVs in general and it will be another 10+ years before they start to get on board with electric trucks in large numbers. The Cybertruck will simply be a flashy object for Tesla fans and a "real truck" for a small number of people.

I'm not a truck person and originally wanted the R1S. I ended up with the R1T and love it as an "adventure" vehicle. I will never use it for towing or any traditional truck uses. It's basically a family/gear hauler and a camping vehicle. If my only options were a traditional electric pickup (F150, Silverado, etc) or the Cybertruck, I would have simply purchase the R1S or another off-road capable SUV.

My guess is most of the Cybertruck buyers aren't real truck people and the novelty will fade quickly.
Don't disagree with any of that. Hauling some tile and using as a work truck are two different things. Bed size and cabin space are limiters on the R1T for certain.
Sponsored