Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I’m really curious why they haven’t made the bed-facing camera available from the camera screen yet. Seems like it should be low hanging fruit but maybe that camera is different somehow.

Rivian R1T R1S 2023.10.0 software update OTA released. Includes  Tesla Supercharger network option and 12v battery draining issue fix 58F5336C-410F-4FD7-9ADA-70402E920172
Sponsored

Sponsored

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
I'm not surprised they released plug and charge for the Rivian Network, but there still isn't plug and charge for the EA network.
Will just take teamwork with EA really. So I'm sure it's around the corner. Probably the truck signs a request, EA checks the signing with Rivian, Rivian says good, EA allows charging based on registered vehicle. That or it's paired with EA separately.

I’m becoming more and more convinced that dash cam functionality won’t be released until they figure out how they’re going to monetize it.

I hope I’m wrong.
I mean from an effort standpoint it has some of the most UI complexity, can greatly impact camera/media latency if not done well, and could easily brick the drive if not done well. I think it's ok that they take their time even though I do want it.

Grajjie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Ioniq Electric, Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Damn got a bit excited when I saw the Plug and Charge title until I read it's RAN only. Hoping for plug and charge for EA and Autocharge+ for Evgo in the near future.

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

One more voice in the crowd. Plug and Charge for RAN/RWN is nice, but that's just so they can start charging for them easily without payment terminals. I'd also like to see them implement EA's Plug and Charge as well as EVGo AutoCharge+. In any case, looks like a decent update just before I should be taking delivery in a week or two.

capitolm94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Damn got a bit excited when I saw the Plug and Charge title until I read it's RAN only. Hoping for plug and charge for EA and Autocharge+ for Evgo in the near future.
So does this mean we’ll pay for RAN now? Anyone seen rates or details on that?

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
I’m becoming more and more convinced that dash cam functionality won’t be released until they figure out how they’re going to monetize it.

I hope I’m wrong.
I can't imagine that being the case. That said, I did get tired of waiting and got myself a Vantrue N4 so they can suck it if they try that :rock:

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
Yea figured this was pretty standard. Auto close when you’re done charging and removed the charger, guess someone didn’t like it 🤷‍♂️
it says charge panel will still auto close when you start driving but they are turning off that 30 secs countdown.

I had several interruptions of charging whereby i needed to re-insert the cable just as the 30 seconds counter was closing the door forcing me to fight with it. I am glad it is no longer going to auto-close.
Sponsored