First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Pharmaceuticals
Just got home from Brooklyn. Really wish they selected a location in Jersey BEFORE Brooklyn. That drive in to the city is not fun. . Having said this, all went well and I was driving out within a 1/2 hour. Only issue that I notice was a hood alignment issue on the passenger side. I could see they tried to play with it as I can see bolt marks in the paint where they tried to adjust. (You can see the driver side isn't perfect either) Otherwise, super impressed with the truck. Expectations exceeded.

Rivian R1T R1S Just picked up my R1T from Brooklyn Service Center. Placed deposit on March 3 IMG_1714.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Just picked up my R1T from Brooklyn Service Center. Placed deposit on March 3 IMG_1721.JPG
Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Congrats! I can see that the front edge of the hood is way out of alignment on the drivers side. It almost looks like the hood isn’t latched all the way. Put in that ticket!

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Congrats! I can see that the front edge of the hood is way out of alignment on the drivers side. It almost looks like the hood isn’t latched all the way. Put in that ticket!
Quite a few unfortunately, even 2023s, have that alignment issue. I wonder if having two latches would have helped since this is not getting better. But then other vehicles I see it is either OK or near perfect - real luck if the draw.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Luck of the draw indeed. My biggest fear, sloppy exterior fit and finish, was realized went I picked up my R1T in December. Audi or Porsche QC would not have allowed my truck to leave the assembly plant. My expectations are high on a $80k vehicle.

Almost every panel was slightly out of alignment on the drivers side. The drivers side hood, charging door, front and rear doors and the gear tunnel hatch all needed to be realigned by the service center. It was a 2-month wait to get an appointment.

I know Rivian is a new company but they need to address these sloppy exterior panel fitment issues at the factory, not the service centers.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Insight75

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Pharmaceuticals
Thanks all. Yes indeed. I will contact my Guide tomorrow and get the ticket in. 158XX vin. November build. I wouldn't be surprised if this was someone else's, they saw that alignment and said no! lol. Who knows. But I will get them to make it right.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Thanks all. Yes indeed. I will contact my Guide tomorrow and get the ticket in. 158XX vin. November build. I wouldn't be surprised if this was someone else's, they saw that alignment and said no! lol. Who knows. But I will get them to make it right.
Was this a Shop selection or were you matched up to this vehicle? When did you get a guide assigned? I'm assuming 158xx is a '22, is that right? If so, I hope you're from the pre-price hike.

OP
OP

Insight75

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Pharmaceuticals
Indeed. 2022...Nov build. I ordered 3 weeks ago and got invited to the shop. I found my exact build minus the manual tonneau cover which I'm told I will be able to add later. I know I'm late to the party and paid full price. I'm trying to help the stock price. :).

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

My expectations are nicely lowered for my delivery at 10AM tomorrow. It's all a state of mind.
Maybe if you're lucky the 12V system won't be dead when you get there. I've got my fingers crossed. ;)

Sponsored

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Indeed. 2022...Nov build. I ordered 3 weeks ago and got invited to the shop. I found my exact build minus the manual tonneau cover which I'm told I will be able to add later. I know I'm late to the party and paid full price. I'm trying to help the stock price. :).
Appreciate it ;)

When you say you ordered 3 weeks ago, you mean you confirmed your configuration back then? Or you started the whole process 3 weeks ago? If that's the case, hell you did better than most of us - I wouldn't even care if it was 22 vs 23 if that's your timeline.

OP
OP

Insight75

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Pharmaceuticals
Appreciate it ;)

When you say you ordered 3 weeks ago, you mean you confirmed your configuration back then? Or you started the whole process 3 weeks ago? If that's the case, hell you did better than most of us - I wouldn't even care if it was 22 vs 23 if that's your timeline.
Yes. I put my 1K down on March 3rd, confirmed my config shortly after. I expected to wait until end of year or early next. I guess it was luck and close proximity to the nearest service center. I feel quite lucky but the hood alignment issue is my usual kind of luck! haha..

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Their loss!!!
Sponsored