Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
According to Rivian Software:

BREAKING RIVIAN NEWS
- Rivian is discontinuing the Compass Yellow option for R1T and R1S
- Rivian is discontinuing the 20" All-terrain Bright wheel option
- Rivian is discontinuing the vegan leather interior option. Owners will only be able to get the version with wood.

Sponsored

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
That’s gonna be nice for those who own a compass yellow R1’s. Makes them even more rare.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Did they ever even make any vehicles with the vegan leather dash?
There was an R1T in my shop back in late May/ early June that had the black mountain interior with vegan dash. I was surprised to see it.

Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE (QM/L), 2024 Zero DSR/X
Occupation
Product Management
All of this makes sense to me but damn do I wish I could have talked the wife into Compass Yellow 😅

NoGoingBack

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, R1T
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I’m sure at some point they will bring back the compass yellow option. Taking a way an option or a model is a great way to create a demand for it. People always want what they can’t have.

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

All of this makes sense to me but damn do I wish I could have talked the wife into Compass Yellow 😅
Me too, but family said no....🙃

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

@Mygrain will not be happy about the vegan dash being discontinued after passing on tons and tons of launch edition builds with free wheels.

I will miss the all terrain brights and wanted to pick up a set down the road to change around like my wife changes her high heels.

I might have to ask the service center if they will sell me bright wheels only without tires.

Sponsored

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
Well that sucks, I liked the Brights. Another thread implied their delivery window was delayed because of it.. I'm going to be pretty pissed if they don't give me a delivery window estimate YET AGAIN after screw-ups around the delivery address field and proximity to a service center on the last update, and I forget what else on the one before. I haven't had an estimated date yet ha!

Edit: for clarity, their window wasn't delayed per se, they were told they wouldn't be provided with an update until October because they had the Brights configured.

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

According to Rivian Software:

BREAKING RIVIAN NEWS
- Rivian is discontinuing the Compass Yellow option for R1T and R1S
- Rivian is discontinuing the 20" All-terrain Bright wheel option
- Rivian is discontinuing the vegan leather interior option. Owners will only be able to get the version with wood.

This is the way. That was something Tesla reevaluated a couple times per year in the early days. If less than 1 in 20 ordered an option, they got rid of it. Both features and colors.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

@Mygrain will not be happy about the vegan dash being discontinued after passing on tons and tons of launch edition builds with free wheels.

I will miss the all terrain brights and wanted to pick up a set down the road to change around like my wife changes her high heels.

I might have to ask the service center if they will sell me bright wheels only without tires.
I immediately thought of @Mygrain, too. Hope you're okay with one of the wood dash options and in a Launch Edition!

edman007

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CY R1S
Clubs

Heh, lucky I had Compass Yellow configured, I got the confirm your config last night (when my previous estimate was Q2 2024). My email this afternoon says they are shifting me way to the left ("probably this year") because I have Compass Yellow.

So I guess one last batch of CY and then they are done.

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Compass Yellow isn’t saturated enough. Every compelling photo of it has upped the saturation to make it a sporty yellow-orange. Unfortunately it’s a dusty pale yellow.

They will hopefully introduce some new colors soon, including a few bright options that would look great at the beach with surfboards on top.
Sponsored