Sponsored

R1Shop to delivery (Seattle area)

Rav-d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Hey Gang,
I placed an order in early 2022 prior to price hike. Sep-23 got R1 shop access and in few days was able to find exact match. Pulled the trigger and placed an order on 2nd Oct. Got confirmation email and allocated VIN - 23xxx series. I believe it's very latest build or (was still in build process when Vin was assigned). Completed 6/8 steps and stuck at payment and delivery steps now. It's been 3 weeks and didn't hear anything from any rivian team. Got guide assigned next day of selection but even my guide don't have much knowledge on where the vehicle is. It's a very tough waiting time and wanted to check with folks here if anyone faced similar situation? 3 weeks and counting, no updates at all.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 12 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Ast HR Director
In Denver here..

I also processed my R1Shop order on 10/2. 3 weeks later and nothing. Also on step 6/8 complete.

My VIN is 226xx with a confirmed build date of 9/11/23. So yours is built after mine, but you would have to ask your guide for the exact build date.

I would not be surprised if mine is delayed due to the UAW strike. Although Rivian is not union, the rail is, and they will support their "brothers".. So they may be delaying the automotive segment tickets entirely.

OP
OP

Rav-d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
In Denver here..

I also processed my R1Shop order on 10/2. 3 weeks later and nothing. Also on step 6/8 complete.

My VIN is 226xx with a confirmed build date of 9/11/23. So yours is built after mine, but you would have to ask your guide for the exact build date.

I would not be surprised if mine is delayed due to the UAW strike. Although Rivian is not union, the rail is, and they will support their "brothers".. So they may be delaying the automotive segment tickets entirely.
This is helpful. Let me sync with my guide and ask about build date. Does anyone know how much time BTW build vs ship from factory. My guide told typically it take 3 weeks from factory to service center. And 1 additional week for inspection prior to scheduling delivery.

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 12 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Mine told me 4-8 weeks...

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
Mine was right at 4 weeks from leaving Normal to arriving in Seattle. Got mine in July, while I could still get compass yellow, on my original order.

Sponsored

RichardsR1S

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Physician
I was told 3-6 weeks after I locked in my order through the shop (also Seattle area). Received my vehicle after 4 weeks. Unfortunately after it leaves the factory, it is hard for anyone to track. The guide will not be able to track; usually it is the SC who reaches out to when they receive the vehicle.

OP
OP

Rav-d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
I was told 3-6 weeks after I locked in my order through the shop (also Seattle area). Received my vehicle after 4 weeks. Unfortunately after it leaves the factory, it is hard for anyone to track. The guide will not be able to track; usually it is the SC who reaches out to when they receive the vehicle.
Thanks. Did you get any email or update when vehicle moved from factory?

OP
OP

Rav-d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Mine was right at 4 weeks from leaving Normal to arriving in Seattle. Got mine in July, while I could still get compass yellow, on my original order.
Thanks. I did not even know if vehicle left factory yet. Did you get any email or notification that vehicle left factory or in transit?

dinosaurkun

First Name
dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T - DM, 2dr Bronco
i didn't get an email about the R1T shipping.
i opted for SMS notifications on the Rivian Account settings (not sure this changed anything).
i received a text message from the local SC.
it stated that the vehicle "has left our manufacturing facility", and gave an ETA to the local SC.
it also asked to set up a delivery appointment.
the number was the same as the one that confirmed the Demo Drive appointment details.
once the appointment was confirmed, the "Vehicle Overview" page on the Rivian site showed that date as the schedule delivery date, as well.

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
Thanks. I did not even know if vehicle left factory yet. Did you get any email or notification that vehicle left factory or in transit?
No, didn't get any notification other than a very kurt text from the guide that it would ship in the next couple of days, on the train, and I would get a text when it arrived in Bellevue to ship out. That process was just about 4 weeks to the day..

Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
From VIN to being able to schedule delivery is about 1 month. The longest 1 month in your life. Just chill, make sure you have all your money in one place, then when the delivery step opens up you'll be ready to pick a date and schedule your payment.

pdfontes

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi eTron. Incoming R1S
Hey friends, couples questions:

1. When you say access to R1Shop do you mean you got the email to configure?
2. If not, how or when do you get access to the R1Shop?

full disclosure I completed my configuration this weekend and they said 1-4mo for delivery.

OP
OP

Rav-d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Hey friends, couples questions:

1. When you say access to R1Shop do you mean you got the email to configure?
2. If not, how or when do you get access to the R1Shop?

full disclosure I completed my configuration this weekend and they said 1-4mo for delivery.
Most of the folks who got r1shop access placed their order 12-18 months earlier. I had my delivery window of Jan-Feb 24. But then got shop access in sep23. You should get shop access 4-5 months prior to your expected delivery window.

pdfontes

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi eTron. Incoming R1S
Thanks. But I did speak to them this morning and they said 1-4mo delivery. Are you saying that is not "real"?
Sponsored