Sponsored

New England Rivian Group

From Rhode Islands and Connecticut to Maine a Group for all of us to connect and discover our great region

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
RIVIAN CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views
Brookliner
I had some basic service done to my R1T the other day. The Rivian technician was a great guy. He and I chatted for a while.

He told me that Rivian was caught off guard by New England demand for Rivians. He said the only reason the service center was built in Chelsea at all was because the company thought it would be servicing Amazon vans. He said the lack of charging network and the odd location of the service center with its small lot, and the lack of showrooms are the result of Rivian’s errant analysis of New England.

Crazy, if you ask me.
Show full message
Ryan1T
Ryan1T
Absolutely agree, and honestly they probably should have known by reservation data. Nevermind the fact they've had two years to react and we still are seeing them adapt by opening a CT service center and basically no RANs? Last time I was in Chelsea most of the plates were New Hampshire and Maine plates, leading me to think they'd do quite well to have a southern New Hampshire location with cheaper (larger) real estate to service anything north of Boston, and anyone who doesn't want to deal with getting into Chelsea from the 93 corridor.
Seoras
Seoras
I'm up in rural Maine and so driving anywhere near Boston is stressful at best. Driving my new R1S out of the Chelsea SC and trying to get used to the one pedal driving, navigation, narrow one-ways and onto i95 took several years off my life! Trial by fire though right. Just not looking forward to going back down for future appointments.
Ryan1T
Ryan1T
I was lucky to get home delivery, that certainly would have been a stressful first drive!