You guys need to stop making me regret not getting red canyon! :D

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Our orange in life but red in pics R1T arrived as scheduled yesterday! Haven't noticed anything worthy of complaining about at this stage so concerns about the earlier VIN seem misplaced. Not the greatest pics but I was too busy driving it and answering questions. As a driver it looks to be better than my Mach E in every way... much better ride quality, better handling, much faster. Just gotta learn the infotainment stuff.

tempImageiAqp0s.jpg

4FFE376E-2D25-4B83-A864-6B8D47D21B7E.jpeg
so you ordered in Jan 2022? looks like the lottery continues.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
so you ordered in Jan 2022? looks like the lottery continues.
Like we all know it was continuing ~two months ago which is relevant to my personal story. Can’t speak to the assertion it continues.

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Took these yesterday.
1D392C06-B754-4765-81C5-7D97B170120D.jpeg

A0E02C33-DB92-4617-B349-69C3AA99F727.jpeg
This is my exact configuration, albeit with OC.

Although the more pictures I look of R1S, the back looks disproportional, and a bit longer than it should.
I wish they had sloped the back a bit like the Range Rover Velar.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Although the more pictures I look of R1S, the back looks disproportional, and a bit longer than it should.
I completely disagree. The interior load floor is already so high, I wouldn't want to compromise the interior cargo volume by sloping the roof.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

This is my exact configuration, albeit with OC.

If you wait a bit longer RR is coming out with their EVs.
I like the boxy look. It’s hard to see due to the trees but there’s a VW Atlas and a Tahoe to compare with.
The third row was up on this one. When we get out the third row will be down most of the time.
LR had a genius cargo cover fir the LR4 that would fit in the gap between the second and third row and percent items from being swallowed into that void.
I think you’ll love it in person. Much better proportions that the T (the T’s proportions reminds me of the Jeep Gladiator which doesn’t look right).

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Red on Black with front tinted windows. I’m so happy with this color

49076B5C-1EF4-4D95-8595-C42CA2073FCD.jpeg

CD00AC77-C0DC-4F28-BF4F-869230A579B3.jpeg
Man red really does look great with the black wheels. Nicely done!

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
If you wait a bit longer RR is coming out with their EVs.
I like the boxy look. It’s hard to see due to the trees but there’s a VW Atlas and a Tahoe to compare with.
The third row was up on this one. When we get out the third row will be down most of the time.
LR had a genius cargo cover fir the LR4 that would fit in the gap between the second and third row and percent items from being swallowed into that void.
I think you’ll love it in person. Much better proportions that the T (the T’s proportions reminds me of the Jeep Gladiator which doesn’t look right).
Yeah, I the pictures and videos do not seem to capture the proportions well for me, especially in certain angles. I have to see this thing in person, and I am sure it would look good.

Personally, the R2X might be what I might I am looking for, and with the R1S's current delivery ETA (For Canada) I might just wait for the R2X announcement.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
I completely disagree. The interior load floor is already so high, I wouldn't want to compromise the interior cargo volume by sloping the roof.
I am not saying they need to make it into a coupe type SUV but give it a slight slant to make it look a bit more streamlined, like what has been done with the Velar.

It is not going to eat into much space, other than compromising third row head space, which is not the best to begin with anyway.
Sponsored