Sponsored

Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently?

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
For all of you out there with El Cap/BM on 22" darks - enjoy! Setup is sick.
Rivian R1T R1S Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently? ElCap1
Rivian R1T R1S Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently? ElCap2
Rivian R1T R1S Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently? ElCap3
Rivian R1T R1S Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently? ElCap5
Sponsored

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
The only thing I can think that is delaying you is that OC. So far all of the R1S deliveries are BM. Not even FE getting any R1S deliveries at the moment.
I'm R1S and I switched to Red Canyon - OC when they announced the new OC with BM wood. I just locked my configuration on Friday. I haven't talked to my guide yet so no real estimate on when it will be delivered but I have a largish bet with my wife it will be before October 15th. :)

WIRivian

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 430xi ’18, Jeep GC ‘19, Toyota Landcruiser ‘73
Occupation
Advisor
Clubs

I know that some of the early pre-order holders heard from guides several months ago, but I'm curious to know as we come close to the first 'new delivery dates' (August/September) if anyone has actually heard from guides about there R1S delivery?

Note this is for R1S, not for R1T.
11/22/19 R1S LG/FE 20AT Madison, WI was confirmed for an August/Sept time frame and finally heard Friday afternoon that they wanted me to confirm my configuration and they are ready to
start my build. I haven’t talked to the guide yet but it seems like it is getting close.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Sunday morning eye candy. I live about 2 miles from the Costa Mesa (SoCal) SC and decided to stop by before football. Total of 7 R1S's in the line prepping for delivery and a ton more R1T's. I tried to capture a few different R1S colors and personally I really like the Limestone color (3 photos).

Row.jpg
Blue.jpg
FG.jpg
Yellow.jpg
LG.jpg
white.jpg
Lime.jpg
Lime2.jpg
Lime3.jpg
Easy like Sunday morning!!!!!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

11/22/19 R1S LG/FE 20AT Madison, WI was confirmed for an August/Sept time frame and finally heard Friday afternoon that they wanted me to confirm my configuration and they are ready to
start my build. I haven’t talked to the guide yet but it seems like it is getting close.
Congratulations

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I'm R1S and I switched to Red Canyon - OC when they announced the new OC with BM wood. I just locked my configuration on Friday. I haven't talked to my guide yet so no real estimate on when it will be delivered but I have a largish bet with my wife it will be before October 15th. :)
Sounds like an inside job

Hoo D. Hoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Prius, 2022 Pacifica PHEV, 2023 Bolt EUV
Occupation
Curmudgeon
Hey, all.
Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Story is in the signature below.
Haven't heard anything; not expecting anything anytime soon. But good luck to you folks with guides, drives, and delivery windows. Wishing I'd had the sense to order LE way back when.

Siva

First Name
Siva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2013 Leaf S and 2006 Pilot EX-L
Hey, all.
Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Story is in the signature below.
Haven't heard anything; not expecting anything anytime soon. But good luck to you folks with guides, drives, and delivery windows. Wishing I'd had the sense to order LE way back when.
I guess you'll be one of the first few to get Adventure OC. I am in similar situation. I hope you will get yours in Q4 🤞

Hoo D. Hoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Curmudgeon
Thank you! That's what I was hoping when I upped to Adventure, but I'm not that optimistic since they told me 2023 (not even 1Q -- 1H!). Especially when non-employee LE holders are barely getting theirs now, and the DMV does not seem to be a favored area. (Even though there's a distribution center right on Rockville Pike that seems to be moving R1Ts now. It's not a Service Center, just an "our lips are sealed" temporary distro center.)

This process has shown one never knows, though. Good luck to you too!

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Hoo D. Hoo - I feel honored to meet another early preorder holder with no delivery window.

With the cancellation of Explore, I'm starting to believe that the 4-Year-Wait-Club will have lots of Adventure+Large members. When will Rivian choose to build a few Adventure Package R1S's for guys like Hoo D. Hoo who reserved in November of 2018? It's just a different badge on the dash and a different letter in VIN position 8.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hoo D. Hoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Curmudgeon
Thank you, Mygrain -- I feel that I am starting to meet my people.

I am curious about another thing. I just wandered over to my configuration summary, which I haven't looked at in a while, and the price is $5K higher than I expected. The original Explore was $65K. I upped to Adventure in Feb. 2022, after the Jan. 2022 email about late deliveries, which encouraged upgrades to move up in line. $65K + $5.5K = $70.5K, which is the price I remember.

That was a pre-March 1 upgrade and a pre-March 1 price. I never canceled. My pre-March 1 price should be holding. And yet today the price is $75.5K.

Since March 1, I tinkered with the accessories (should I get a spare tire? the first aid kit? the charger?). But those shouldn't affect the price of the car. And when they said Ocean Coast was going to delay things, and we should think about if we could live with Black Mountain, I switched, to be flexible and avoid the delay. When Ocean Coast got moving again, and they'd already told me 2023 anyway, I switched back. That's a no-cost-difference color change, at Rivian recommendation. They better not be calling that a post-March 1 configuration change and price hike.

Did I miss some other news along the way, where Adventure went up by $5K without my noticing? I admit I'm not an obsessive Rivian.com or forum-follower. Anyone know anything, or is anyone paying something different for pre-March 1 R1S Adventure?

Last edited:

Hoo D. Hoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Curmudgeon
I'm also intrigued by this underbody shield phenomenon. I have no need for that for suburban commuting. But if it's a thing, I might pay it to play.

Adventure + underbody = the poor man's LE upgrade?

Hoo D. Hoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Curmudgeon
With the cancellation of Explore, I'm starting to believe that the 4-Year-Wait-Club will have lots of Adventure+Large members. When will Rivian choose to build a few Adventure Package R1S's for guys like Hoo D. Hoo who reserved in November of 2018. It's just a different badge on the dash and a different letter in VIN position 8?
That would be an awfully nice 4-year-anniversary/Thanksgiving present. If I beat Dec. 31, I can get the credit! (After Dec. 31, I'm SOL.)

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Thank you, Mygrain -- I feel that I am starting to meet my people.

I am curious about another thing. I just wandered over to my configuration summary, which I haven't looked at in a while, and the price is $5K higher than I expected. The original Explore was $65K. I upped to Adventure in Feb. 2022, after the Jan. 2022 email about late deliveries, which encouraged upgrades to move up in line. $65K + $5.5K = $70.5K, which is the price I remember.

That was a pre-March 1 upgrade and a pre-March 1 price. I never canceled. My pre-March 1 price should be holding. And yet today the price is $75.5K.

Since March 1, I tinkered with the accessories (should I get a spare tire? the first aid kit? the charger?). But those shouldn't affect the price of the car. And when they said Ocean Coast was going to delay things, and we should think about if we could live with Black Mountain, I switched, to be flexible and avoid the delay. When Ocean Coast got moving again, and they'd already told me 2023 anyway, I switched back. That's a no-cost-difference color change, at Rivian recommendation. They better not be calling that a post-March 1 configuration change and price hike.

Did I miss some other news along the way, where Adventure went up by $5K without my noticing? I admit I'm not an obsessive Rivian.com or forum-follower. Anyone know anything, or is anyone paying something different for pre-March 1 R1S Adventure?
The R1S (at least the LE) used to be 77,500 and included the off road package, they later removed that from the LE, made it a 2k option and dropped the price to 75,500 so pretty sure the adventure always started at 75,500.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs