Sponsored

tnawara

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance 2022
Had a little Twitter exchange with Rivian this morning on their post about the new interior options.

Looks like OC is definitely delayed until 2023, which means I’m going to lose a bet with a friend who, over a year ago, told me that I wouldn’t be getting my R1S before 2023. I’m hoping Rivian can deliver mine 12/31/22…

Rivian R1T R1S Confirmed by Rivian: R1S w/ Ocean Coast Interior - Deliveries Not Until Early 2023 2D12DADF-0F30-4E0E-AA1E-B3DB80CFEB29
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Someone tell customer service!

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Be patient and what for a 2023. We are only 11-weeks away from the new year and time tends to fly over the upcoming Holidays. I am assuming Rivian is following Tesla’s lead for assigning model years.

Last edited:

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Be patient and what for a 2023. We are only 11-weeks away and time tends to fly over the upcoming Holidays. I am assuming Rivian is following Tesla’s lead for assigning model years.
Patience is hard to find....u know..due to the global supply chain constraints 😉

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

There is more to this - Customer Service confirmed to me this morning this is in regards to the Vegan leather wrapped OC interiors. My guide and another CS rep both confirmed last week the OC is in production on R1S. They said Tony's statements about OC this Fall are still true that he made earlier this year. My most recent CS rep this morning spent 15 minutes making phone calls and messaging others to confirm the information. I'll keep pegging my guide about this but I just confirmed last week she has seen OC in production on R1S in Normal.

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

My guide has confirmed there are NOT OC R1S customer deliveries being made yet. If there are OC R1S' they might be test or employee vehicles.
It's amazing how much work we customers have to do to get to the bottom of this.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Do you know if OC means OC with the wood trim, the OC that is all vegan leather, or both....or neither?

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

There is more to this - Customer Service confirmed to me this morning this is in regards to the Vegan leather wrapped OC interiors. My guide and another CS rep both confirmed last week the OC is in production on R1S. They said Tony's statements about OC this Fall are still true that he made earlier this year. My most recent CS rep this morning spent 15 minutes making phone calls and messaging others to confirm the information. I'll keep pegging my guide about this but I just confirmed last week she has seen OC in production on R1S in Normal.
Just don't bank on it.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Do you know if OC means OC with the wood trim, the OC that is all vegan leather, or both....or neither?
All a guess.....a 100% uneducated one

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
This is not an impressive messaging operation, that's for sure!