Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

There was someone earlier in the thread who said they just took delivery of an R1S with the new system but so far that’s it.

1679576617192.jpeg
I see the door speakers and I think they look pretty cool they had mentioned the sub was different too so I want to see what that looks like.
Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
There must be something wrong with my camp speaker because it's a pile of shit. Low volume and doesn't sound well at all. We have a Sonos Move that goes around the house with us, if we're in a room that doesn't have other Sonos speakers.
I have both as well The camp speaker volume is not as loud and the sound quality is slightly above average (whatever that means) but not as good as Sonos. I'm assuming that is just what you get with the camp speaker. If you review it through the lens of a free accessory I think it's great if you compare it straight up with premium portable bluetooth speakers it's... meh.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Tesla took their speaker technology in house.

Tesla applies for a new trademark to sell its own audio equipment, like headphones and more | Electrek

They want to be in the speaker business, not sure why.
Applying for a Trademark for audio does not mean Tesla took their speaker technology in house. All the Trademark does is protect the name for a specific line of products. Telsa or Rivian can contract for an existing "off the shelf" design and put a Tesla or Rivian trademark sticker on the speaker. I doubt Tesla is really going into the speaker business. They want to be in the branding business.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Has anyone listened to this system and can compare it?

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Has anyone listened to this system and can compare it?
I asked the guy doing the delivery of my R1S today about it and he said the reason Rivian is moving this way is because it gives them more control over everything. Made it sound like Meridian didn't want Rivian making any changes to it while it was still branded as being Meridian. Not just speaker count but anything with tuning it to sound better. To me that would make a lot of sense.
He also said he thinks it is better. Both of my R1s are Meridian though so I can't offer a comparison personally.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
took delivered last week and my R1s came with the new speakers system. When it is on Enhance mode and dynamic sounds adjustment on high, it sounded god awful on mid to high volume. When I turned both OFF, it sounded great. Maybe need some more adjustment to be perfect.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
took delivered last week and my R1s came with the new speakers system. When it is on Enhance mode and dynamic sounds adjustment on high, it sounded god awful on mid to high volume. When I turned both OFF, it sounded great. Maybe need some more adjustment to be perfect.
If you can find another forum member to do a side by side comparison, that would be awesome.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Man. Now I'm begging to hear some rattle noise in the 3rd row speakers when turn on high volume with high bass.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Come on, someone needs to take one for the team and start breaking those speakers down to see what the drivers look like!

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Come on, someone needs to take one for the team and start breaking those speakers down to see what the drivers look like!
Meridian or Rivian system?

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
because I only have one :(
Good point!

Since the theme of this thread seems to be mostly about whether the Rivian speakers are likely to be cheap crap, it might be interesting to see if there are any clear signs of that. Quality of the materials used, size of the driver magnets (this mostly just affects volume and isn't a totally independent variable anyway), and any printed specs might be helpful.

Of course, the best test is ultimately what kind of sound it produces in the cabin itself. Too early to tell on that front!

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Enhance mode "processes" the Left and Right stereo channels to provide a wider sound field. It's essentially tearing the audio apart and rebuilding it. As such, it's not the original signal and inherently not as good of quality as the original signal. It might sound "fuller" at the expense of tonal quality.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
A comparison between the Meridian and Rivian systems sounds like a job for Kyle Conner or Branden Flasch. Kyle has inside access so it would probably be easy for him to get a weekend loaner vehicle for the comparison.
Sponsored