Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Of course so many of these publications are skewed for various reasons, but good publicity for rivian and I agree when it comes to mine!

Consumer Reports' 18 Most Satisfying Vehicles to Own in 2023

https://jalopnik.com/consumer-reports-most-satisfying-2023-vehicles-to-own-1850238751

Not everyone needs a truck, but apparently, those who buy a Rivian R1T absolutely love them. Weā€™re big fans ourselves, so it makes sense. And thereā€™s always the R1S if you donā€™t need a truck bed.

Link to Consumer Reports Most Satisfying Vehicles to Own list:
https://www.consumerreports.org/car...isfaction/car-owner-satisfaction-a1136744521/
Sponsored

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
I see the R1T winning for EV category, but the Telluride won the 3-row SUV category. Am I missing something regarding the R1S?

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Seeing the C8 Corvette and the Mazda 3 in the list gives it some credibility.

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
I see the R1T winning for EV category, but the Telluride won the 3-row SUV category. Am I missing something regarding the R1S?
It looks to me that it's the R1T, not the R1S, that got rated by CR readers as a "Most Satisfying" vehicle. I suspect that the owner pool for the R1S was very small when the survey was done, so not very much feedback available. Also, CR hasn't yet tested the R1S, though there's every reason to expect that when they do, it will get the same excellent rating that its truck sibling earned.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

not sure they missed any Toyota product, so I'd say they were incentivized there. :giggle:

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

So an inside job.....

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
I went from the Telluride to the R1S. Both have their pros and cons but I wouldn't trade my R1S for anything else right now. It's amazing.

What I miss most are the captains chair/having the ability for 3rd row passengers to sneak into the back.

Funny enough a brand new Telluride - what I believe to be the X line (off road one) race up to me and tailgate me (this is jersey .... ) on the highway. I quickly let them know to never do that to an R1S again and just gunned up and left them well behind. Fun times.

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
What I miss most are the captains chair/having the ability for 3rd row passengers to sneak into the back.
I agree 100% on this. It would be nice to see captain chairs option for R1s

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I went from the Telluride to the R1S. Both have their pros and cons but I wouldn't trade my R1S for anything else right now. It's amazing.

Funny enough a brand new Telluride - what I believe to be the X line (off road one) race up to me and tailgate me (this is jersey .... ) on the highway. I quickly let them know to never do that to an R1S again and just gunned up and left them well behind. Fun times.
I get a lot of diesel bro dozers doing that to me here. Dusting them as if they were in park never gets old.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Eookie

Rookies!!!!

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
People are pretty good at judging whether or not they will be satisfied by a car in advance. Therefore, any brand new car concept will have a high satisfaction rating, because the first people who buy it are the people who are the most excited about it. In Rivianā€™s case there was a multiyear long waitlist which also helped to filter out all but the die-hards. Of course this selected sub-group is going to rate it well.

Over time satisfaction will drop a bit as you dip into the more general population. Still, thereā€™s not much competition in the Rivian niche yet, so as long as the market of eager early adopters is there, satisfaction will remain high.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guy

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I get a lot of diesel bro dozers doing that to me here. Dusting them as if they were in park never gets old.
I always figured thatā€™s what they want me to do: burst ahead so they have room to go faster, while at the same time using me to flush out the cops for them. If Iā€™m already at 10% over the speed limit, they can deal with it. And the occasional brake check.

Last edited:

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I always figured thatā€™s what they want me to do: burst ahead so they have room to go faster, while at the same time using me to flush out the cops for them. If Iā€™m already at 10% over the speed limit, they can deal with it. And the occasional brake check.
Oh I don't exceed the speed limit, I just get there much faster than they can.
Sponsored