Sponsored

Is this normal sound system behavior?

racekarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
I’ve noticed a few quirky behaviors with my sound system and I was curious if these are expected or not:

- the sound continues to play after exiting the vehicle until it’s locked or times out and goes to sleep if unlocked. Annoying if you’re listening to a podcast or some other source where you don’t want to miss something.
- the volume level appears to be tied to passenger door(s) open/close states. Seems like it lowers the volume if someone other than the driver opens a door.
-tune in does not auto-resume if the stream is interrupted.

that last one feels like a bug, but I wasn’t sure if the others were perhaps “features” instead.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

All sounds like the same behavior to me. I'm guessing the door volume drop was designed as a courtesy. If you are getting into a vehicle with loud music it's pretty harsh, and if you are somewhere a passenger is just getting out it's polite to not be blasting music.

OP
OP

racekarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
All sounds like the same behavior to me. I'm guessing the door volume drop was designed as a courtesy. If you are getting into a vehicle with loud music it's pretty harsh, and if you are somewhere a passenger is just getting out it's polite to not be blasting music.
Thanks. Yeah that was my best guess as well. I don’t mind it at all (unlike the other two) but just wanted to be sure I didn’t have a problem.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I would prefer it INCREASE the volume when the passenger doors are opened, to discourage anyone from wanting to ride with me.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I think you have an issue with your Driver door/seat sound response. It should be ANY door causes volume to drop, and when you leave the vehicle it should pause entirely.
Sponsored