Sponsored

hamberderz

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X (2020), Toyota Tundra TRD Pro (2019)
Launch Green with the Forest Edge interior is an awesome combination, but I'm predisposed to say that, as that is what I've configured (with the original 20's in A/T).
@DuckTruck When are you set to take delivery? I asked my guide about the impact of changing to FE interior and I was told it would delay my delivery. I am leaving it as is right now but will reconsider once I get to see some in person.
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

@DuckTruck When are you set to take delivery? I asked my guide about the impact of changing to FE interior and I was told it would delay my delivery. I am leaving it as is right now but will reconsider once I get to see some in person.
I'm not sure when I might see delivery. That's interesting to hear about the impact Forest Edge may have on delivery timing. I wonder if the possible change this close to delivery is what drove that statement. Any idea?

Notaevfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, Silverado 2500, E39 M5, e34 M5, E36 M3,
Occupation
Home Builder
So the table of colors seems to show the interiors below it. Is ocean coast really a light blue with white wood? Not at all what the configurator shows and it's scaring me. Seems as all the pics posted show it to be white with a natural colored wood, which looks really good.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
So the table of colors seems to show the interiors below it. Is ocean coast really a light blue with white wood? Not at all what the configurator shows and it's scaring me. Seems as all the pics posted show it to be white with a natural colored wood, which looks really good.
It is not light blue or white, it is light grey. The configurator makes it appear too white. On my displays the "table" picture looks light grey but several have mentioned it appearing light blue. You have to keep in mind that the white balance of the picture could be off and your display is not likely to be properly calibrated so don't expect colors to appear true.

Edit: perhaps this photo from the event might provide you a better idea (although if your display is off it still may not look right).
Rivian R1T R1S Official Video: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (Featuring Preorder Holders) 1628342168913-

Sponsored

hamberderz

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X (2020), Toyota Tundra TRD Pro (2019)
I'm not sure when I might see delivery. That's interesting to hear about the impact Forest Edge may have on delivery timing. I wonder if the possible change this close to delivery is what drove that statement. Any idea?
Have you been contacted by a guide yet? My guide has told me I should still expect delivery by mid-late November. That is if I do not change interior. I do know she said some changes wouldn't necessarily impact delivery, but didn't say which ones. I was concerned about my feelings toward color since I haven't seen them in person yet. I guess we will see once they start test drives in September and more people have adjustments based on them. Thanks for sharing your experience!

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

TheGymKid

First Name
RivianRunner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, LE, El Cap, 22"
Unfortunately not something they are willing to support at this time.
Nope.. just would be cool. I think the dark is all too dark, and the Ocean is too light (for a truck).

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

@DuckTruck - and here I was thinking I was the lucky one spending 2 weeks in Hawaii away from the rat race.... Congratulations on such an awesome experience! It's taken me a while to catch up on all that I missed while I was on vacation. I guess if I was member of the month for my pictures of the truck in April... you have to be member of the year! :clap: I guess my only question is were there any R1S sightings on your trip?
Good to have you back! Wow, two weeks in Hawaii sounds great! To be honest, if I could've switched places with you, yeah, I still wouldn't have. Besides, that could have really awkward for your family. I love Hawaii, but Normal Illinois just hit the top of my list of favorite fantasy getaway experiences of my life. And that's saying a lot. My Passport is kind of beaten up, with more planned abuse of it going forward, pandemic permitting.
Regarding any R1S sightings, I can't say that I did see any outside, but there may have been versions in various states of assembly inside. I know we saw stampings of R1S side panels, but again, I'm pretty certain I didn't see any rolling versions.

I'm sure you and your family enjoyed the Islands, especially at this time of year, not that there's a bad time to be there. Which of them did you visit and which one is your family's favorite?

My favorite is Kauai, because of its more laid back feel, richer tropical vegetation, and especially because of the Napali coastline and those cliffs. Every time I've been there, at least once during the trip, a late day trip to the top seems to find me all alone, without anyone else up there.

Those views just make my heart sing! And a couple of dozen steps away are views of the Grand Canyon of the Pacific, where the Waimea River flows from Mount Waialeale, regarded as the "Wettest Place in the World" at about 450 inches of annual rainfall. To see it at its best, plan your next Hawaiian vacation to coincide with a Full Moon. You won't regret it. Put the top down and roll. I was fortunate enough to have two weeks there, just before the lockdowns in February of 2020.

Rivian R1T R1S Official Video: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (Featuring Preorder Holders) 1628552361855

Rivian R1T R1S Official Video: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (Featuring Preorder Holders) 1628552440577

Rivian R1T R1S Official Video: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (Featuring Preorder Holders) 1628552518372

Rivian R1T R1S Official Video: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (Featuring Preorder Holders) 1628552573536

Last edited:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Have you been contacted by a guide yet? My guide has told me I should still expect delivery by mid-late November. That is if I do not change interior. I do know she said some changes wouldn't necessarily impact delivery, but didn't say which ones. I was concerned about my feelings toward color since I haven't seen them in person yet. I guess we will see once they start test drives in September and more people have adjustments based on them. Thanks for sharing your experience!
My Guide and I have been in contact quite a bit, but no firm date as of yet. I haven't changed a thing since I finalized my configuration in the first five minutes of it being opened to us. I have added pretty much every new accessory as they've become available, but the basic LG/FE/AT20's hasn't changed.

And as for sharing my experiences, it continues to be a true pleasure to do so. That high from being there hasn't waned one bit!

Sponsored

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

Nope.. just would be cool. I think the dark is all too dark, and the Ocean is too light (for a truck).
My thought exactly, the black or maybe even the ocean also with the forest edge wood i think would look nice,

Notaevfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, Silverado 2500, E39 M5, e34 M5, E36 M3,
Occupation
Home Builder
It is not light blue or white, it is light grey. The configurator makes it appear too white. On my displays the "table" picture looks light grey but several have mentioned it appearing light blue. You have to keep in mind that the white balance of the picture could be off and your display is not likely to be properly calibrated so don't expect colors to appear true.

Edit: perhaps this photo from the event might provide you a better idea (although if your display is off it still may not look right).
1628342168913-png.png
Perfect, that's a big help. Thank you.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Which of them did you visit and which one is your family's favorite?
Due to Covid inter-island travel was still questionable when we booked our trip so we chose to stay on Oahu for the entire trip.... although I do like Maui also. We are a bit of a Disney family so we split our time between Waikiki and the Disney Aulani resort. This was a make up trip for my oldest missing her senior trip to Europe and Mediterranean cruise that was cancelled in 2020. It also allowed me to make up a shark swim that I had booked for my youngest that got canceled when we were in Hawaii back in 2018. We had booked it for late in the trip and it ended up getting canceled due to a small boat advisory.... and there wasn't enough time in our trip to have a redo. We weren't going to make that mistake again so it was booked early in the trip this time!

Rivian R1T R1S Official Video: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (Featuring Preorder Holders) IMG_0184
Rivian R1T R1S Official Video: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (Featuring Preorder Holders) IMG_0268
Rivian R1T R1S Official Video: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (Featuring Preorder Holders) _AMD0653.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Official Video: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (Featuring Preorder Holders) Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 12.13.49 PM.PNG
Rivian R1T R1S Official Video: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (Featuring Preorder Holders) Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 12.16.23 PM.PNG

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
My Guide and I have been in contact quite a bit, but no firm date as of yet. I haven't changed a thing since I finalized my configuration in the first five minutes of it being opened to us. I have added pretty much every new accessory as they've become available, but the basic LG/FE/AT20's hasn't changed.

And as for sharing my experiences, it continues to be a true pleasure to do so. That high from being there hasn't waned one bit!
Hey DuckTruck, I had a couple of questions if you have any insight. Did they ever mention if there was a heat pump for the battery management system, or are they not concerned about that? Just curious if anyone asked how cold weather affects range, or if they felt it necessary to add later on? Also, did they say if the charge rate would reach 350kW someday with updates, or if needed an 800 volt architecture for another generation? Thank you