Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
In that case, you chose wisely! There's a reason everyone says "Happy Wife, Happy Life!"

When was the last time you heard anyone exclaim "Happy Spouse, Happy House!"

I'm guessing for most, that count is now: 1.
I’m going to Mandela effect my spouse into thinking “happy spouse happy house” is the correct idiom.
It‘s safe. House is a bungalow.

There's a reason Hitchcock made "The Birds" and passed on "The Duck-Sized Horses". That man knew how to scare folks!
Bodega bay is delightful, but for the deadly birds. Funnily enough my wife and her friends would go out there when cutting class in highschool ?
Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
As a few others have said, keep it focused on things that are in the scope of his role, and build a dialog and relationship with him. Asking him questions about specific features, functions and specs may not be very productive - it's not his domain, nor should it be. Talk to him about what the community feels is missing, what we want Rivian to do (provide specs, video walk throughs, delivery timeline communications, weekly updates, etc.), and provide suggestions on how they can deliver it. Perhaps they could use you as a 'beta tester' and get your feedback before they role things out to the public.

Thanks for sharing this information and good luck!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

How much does this thing weigh in the 300 mile pack version and the 400 mile version? What is the GVWR of each configuration above?

I drive an 8000 lb 1 ton at work…. Not sure I want to drive a 3/8 ton pickup that weighs as much as my work pickup as a daily.
Grabs10,

Addressing your specific question about the difference in the weight of the two is addressed in the answer to a question elsewhere in the Forums. The short answer from RJ is about 300 to 350 pounds more for the 400-mile MaxPack. I'm pretty certain that is the approximation he shared.

In answering a question from Sully151 in the "Original Video" thread, I provided the following:

@DuckTruck thanks for keeping us informed! I am so glad that you got to experience this and share it....

"Did he mention anything about the 300 mile vs. the 400 mile range trucks and which one he prefers?"
I'm so glad you asked me about the differences between the 300 and 400-mile packs. I can't believe I haven't mentioned this before but, upon returning from the ride-along that three of us did with RJ on the first night, I asked about the acceleration differences. If you remember, early on, we saw the numbers favored the 300-mile pack, with 0-60 in 3.0 seconds, and the 400-mile R1T was shown at 3.2 seconds. Also, they initially rated the 300 with slightly more HP and lb ft of torque, although I'll leave it to others to find those numbers.

This may be old news, but it caught my attention. I'm not sure if it's in print anywhere, or if RJ has mentioned it in prior videos, but he had a very candid answer when I asked him about the acceleration differences between those two battery packs. I said something to the effect that "I remembered the 300-mile (Large) Pack was slightly faster than the 400-miler, but heard you may be changing that." He made the comment that it has been changed. He said it didn't seem fair to charge the MaxPack people more money, and not provide the same or a better level of performance.

I trust means that the 400-mile pack has improved inverters or different software than initially planned, thus allowing it to accelerate from 0 to 60 in 3.0 or under. I trust they didn't just swap the inverters between the 300 and 400-milers, but at about 300-350 pounds heavier, I'd guess they had to soup up the 400-miler to get those numbers with the extra weight. I didn't ask how they accomplished that improvement (we were just getting back to the gathering at the Center), so I don't know how that upgrade came about (Again, upgraded inverter, different software, or both).

Judging by my Perma-grin I saw in the Sideview mirror , I'm guessing that nothing in the 300-miler had been degraded in any way. That thing is a rocket!

I wish I had remembered this when talking with the guys in the s___ to be released interview.

Great question, Sully! Keep asking about things everyone, as my memory banks need a nudge now and then.
I hope.this helps. Keep asking away. Many questions keep unearthing memories.

fedarga

First Name
Dawit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport
Received an email this afternoon from my guide letting me know that the Sr. Director of the Customer Engagement Center would like to meet for lunch. I was encouraged to ask him any questions in regards to the delivery process or anything else of interest.

That being said, I have a million questions to ask but figured I would throw it out to this group for anything along those lines that you would like asked (can promise what will actually get answered). He is supposed to be reaching out to set up a date/time/location but hoping to hear from him and lock that down ASAP.
I have been debating in purchasing this car but I really do not know about the financing process, such as interest rate, which bank they are using or if we can go to any bank, a place to test drive in North east of the country particularly NJ, how much percentage or dollar amount can use to reduce my tax for buying EV and for how long and I will throw in some more when it come to me. I appreciate for reaching out to us for this opportunity to get an answer. If you can please post your findings including what you have incorporate from your own even it might seem minor.

Sponsored

FLARIVIAN

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T6
Occupation
Retired
I would like them to clearly put forth their decision-making algorithm that indicates precisely what variables are determining why/how/when a given pre-order gets cued up for delivery. Some candidate variables may include date of pre-order, geographic location, number of other pre-orders in the same locale, certain configuration details, and who knows what else.

sure_im_sure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Honda Accord
I would love to get an estimate down to the Quarter, I know there is slippage, covid, semiconductor shortages and everything else but getting a rough estimate would do wonders for planning purposes.

Novo-caine

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ5 and allroad
What is the timeline for the rest of the service centers across the country in order to fulfill the preorders? I.E. what’s the magic number to get the LE s out the door nationwide? It’s a little frustrating considering I live in the same town as where RJ is from and where they started the company before moving to Pontiac MI and still no service center anywhere in sight. Not to mention 1/2019 preorder

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
How much does this thing weigh in the 300 mile pack version and the 400 mile version? What is the GVWR of each configuration above?

I drive an 8000 lb 1 ton at work…. Not sure I want to drive a 3/8 ton pickup that weighs as much as my work pickup as a daily.

I love this forum. Fluff lunch with customer engagement and the most pressing question is the GVWR. You can't make this up.

Honestly just tell him that its just nervous excitement and we just have high hopes and want anything theyll give us.

Grabs10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo T8 and f350
I love this forum. Fluff lunch with customer engagement and the most pressing question is the GVWR. You can't make this up.

Honestly just tell him that its just nervous excitement and we just have high hopes and want anything theyll give us.
Rivian is a truck…. So Truck related questions would be appropriate I hope at even a fluff meeting. If they are willing to entertain meetings about the R1t why not ask every question possible…. If they dodge around the questions on stuff that should be finalized at this stage and this close to production it would give everybody an idea if the September delivery date is just more lip service.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I have been debating in purchasing this car but I really do not know about the financing process, such as interest rate, which bank they are using or if we can go to any bank, a place to test drive in North east of the country particularly NJ, how much percentage or dollar amount can use to reduce my tax for buying EV and for how long and I will throw in some more when it come to me. I appreciate for reaching out to us for this opportunity to get an answer. If you can please post your findings including what you have incorporate from your own even it might seem minor.
https://rivian.com/support/article/will-you-offer-financing

They’re using chase for financing.
https://rivian.com/support/article/what-bank-does-rivian-work-with-to-offer-financing

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
Alright all...thank you for the participation and comments...this all really helps.

I believe that all of this can really be whittled down to one common theme; transparency. Transparency in the information that they do have to share, in the information that they dont have finalized quite yet, and maybe most important, transparency in a timeline when we can all expect information that doesnt involve the word "s00n".

My lunch is set for Monday afternoon and while I cannot commit to finding out the EPA numbers or the order that colors will be produced I can commit that I will communicate the passion (and at times frustration) of their rabid fan base/supporters.

I can also commit that people at Rivian are keeping tabs of forums like this one as this post was mentioned in his confirmation of our lunch.

My hope is to help Rivian understand what it's like from a consumer's view while also understanding/respecting that there is a method to the madness on the cadence and quality of information being passed along from their side.

Recap coming Monday afternoon...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.