Sponsored

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
This looks really neat but I feel like I should wait to see what Rivian does with the redesign, as well as whether or not they honor the original pricing for people they took the kitchen from before deciding to go with something different.

For products that perform well and have demand, do you plan to do additional runs/group-buys?
Sponsored

OP
OP

BoxGods

Site Sponsor
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, BMW Z3
Occupation
Product design and manufacturing engineer
This looks really neat but I feel like I should wait to see what Rivian does with the redesign, as well as whether or not they honor the original pricing for people they took the kitchen from before deciding to go with something different.

For products that perform well and have demand, do you plan to do additional runs/group-buys?
If there is enough interest from the group for a second run sure. Whether or not there will be I have no way of knowing.

The same thing applies If Rivian does end up changing the gear tunnel at some point down the road. If there is enough interest from the group to produce a new design and do a 50 unit run then we will. There will probably be 30k to 50k trucks with the original design by that point so I don't see it as a binary choice.

OP
OP

BoxGods

Site Sponsor
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, BMW Z3
Occupation
I've had several people reach out asking about how loading / unloading would work--especially if you're no longer a strapping 30 year old. I put together one option as a demonstration. You can see it HERE.

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
I've had several people reach out asking about how loading / unloading would work--especially if you're no longer a strapping 30 year old. I put together one option as a demonstration. You can see it HERE.
Is this really an issue for what amounts to a bag and 1/2 of salt? Thanks for all your hard work, particularly since you apparently are NOT doing this to make a bunch of $$. I'm often accused of being much too even-keel and rarely get overly excited. But this camp kitchen gets me super jazzed-up. I really really really really really really want it and eagerly await the 50 people threshold. Wish I could do something more to make it happen.

OP
OP

BoxGods

Site Sponsor
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, BMW Z3
Occupation
Is this really an issue for what amounts to a bag and 1/2 of salt? Thanks for all your hard work, particularly since you apparently are NOT doing this to make a bunch of $$. I'm often accused of being much too even-keel and rarely get overly excited. But this camp kitchen gets me super jazzed-up. I really really really really really really want it and eagerly await the 50 people threshold. Wish I could do something more to make it happen.
HA. When I first read that I thought "bag and a half of salt"? More like 40 bags of salt. But then I realized you must live up North where they buy/use salt in 50 pound bags. It is a chilly 64 here today and salt comes in 2 pound bags =)

For most people it will not be that hard but the goal was more about being easy enough that people can take the kitchen in and out between trips without damaging the kitchen, truck, or themselves. Also to have an easy way to move and store it while not installed. For me personally I would like to be able to have it in/out in 15 minutes or less wit little or no stress so I wasn't stuck with it in the truck full time.

I do hope to make some money off these projects, (of course) to put towards my truck, but these are especially fun and interesting projects for me, which is a nice change of pace from my everyday work.

Speaking of being very even keeled or low key, my Buddy Jeff is the same way--practically Vulcan. His R1S has just arrived, (after waiting almost 3 years) at the Portland Service center--about 7 minutes from his house--and watching him try to stay so calm and not drive by to look over the fence is pretty comical. I would have been over there rubber-necking the first DAY =)

Sponsored

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

do we have an updated count on the pull out tray?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
HA. When I first read that I thought "bag and a half of salt"? More like 40 bags of salt. But then I realized you must live up North where they buy/use salt in 50 pound bags. It is a chilly 64 here today and salt comes in 2 pound bags =)
do you not have water softeners for hard water in texass? That’s the sort of salt that comes in big bags 😬

ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner
IS there any interest in designing one for the R1S? I know I’d be interested in that.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

where are the counters?
Each of the products has a minimum number of sign-ups required to begin production. We will be keeping an updated tally on the News ticker located on the Home Page, near the top: See the image below.

Rivian R1T R1S ʞ [=0===0] k Projects: Slide Out Camp Kitchen / Slide Out Bin Tray signup-count

I had to set my mobile browser to Desktop version to see it

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Each of the products has a minimum number of sign-ups required to begin production. We will be keeping an updated tally on the News ticker located on the Home Page, near the top: See the image below.

signup-count.jpg

I had to set my mobile browser to Desktop version to see it
Thanks. i see it now. i see the same thing for the slide out tray. Hoping to be contacted soon if we have reached over the required minimum.
Sponsored