Sponsored

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
My guide got back to me this morning. Told me "We are confirming orders to lock in the configurations so we know what people are wanting us to build. This does not change your existing delivery window."

I asked if I should sell my car expecting 6-8 weeks delivery time. He told me to hold off until I get the 8 steps. I am Feb/March R1S.

I think the confirmation was just to plan their manufacturing line up. So...still waiting.
I got a very similar message during my intro call with my guide:
1. She confirmed my contact info
2. She confirmed the configuration that I confirmed a few days ago.
3. She said this doesn't mean you are getting an R1S in 6-8 weeks. This was to help them with January update to delivery estimates.

About the only thing I feel better about is that I now have a guide that I can contact if I get desparate for an R1S and will take anything. Beyond that, my 2024 window could just become June 2024 thanks to the confirmations I made on contact info and build.
Sponsored

zajak1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Bum
Once you get a guide, you'll be driving an R1T within 4-6 weeks....enjoy!!

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

Once you get a guide, you'll be driving an R1T within 4-6 weeks....enjoy!!
... which would be an interesting development as he has an R1S on order.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I got a very similar message during my intro call with my guide:
1. She confirmed my contact info
2. She confirmed the configuration that I confirmed a few days ago.
3. She said this doesn't mean you are getting an R1S in 6-8 weeks. This was to help them with January update to delivery estimates.

About the only thing I feel better about is that I now have a guide that I can contact if I get desparate for an R1S and will take anything. Beyond that, my 2024 window could just become June 2024 thanks to the confirmations I made on contact info and build.
pretty much the same reply from my guide

Hi Lance,
I’m excited for you to take delivery! I appreciate your openness to adjusting your configuration, but I do not think that it will speed things up. Once we have a vehicle ready for you here in Normal, Illinois, you will receive an email inviting you to participate in the digital purchasing process. Once you start that process, you will be about 6 to 8 weeks out from taking delivery.
I look forward to our call on Wednesday!
Stay adventurous,
Brian
Rivian Guide

ckindred1

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger, VW ID.4
Occupation
Self-employed
Clubs

Don't get too excited (Sorry). A bunch of us Confirmed Configuration in Early November and still don't have a delivery time or estimate on when we will have a truck.

Sponsored

NormalLife

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Audi e-tron
Occupation
Med Device
I have a 2/21 preorder, so coming on 2yrs now. Was given a "sometime in 2024" delivery date in the last updates. I did not get this "confirm your configuration" email. My last email was a let's talk about the future email on 1/5. I think KingTodd I would be cautiously optimistic.
It's all over the place. I have a 3/21 pre-order, given the Apr-Jun '23 delivery window, and I also did not receive the confirm config email... hope this doesn't mean my window is going to be pushed. I wouldn't be entirely surprised though.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

If it's any consolation, I was assigned a guide many months ago when my estimated delivery date was 1H2023. At the time, I thought that having a guide was a sign that you were making progress toward delivery. That does not appear to be the case however.

When the delivery dates were revised a few months back, mine was changed to [sometime] in 2024. My projected delivery is now "Processing estimate", which seems to be an even more ambiguous delivery projection than its predecessor's. I still have a guide, so there's that.
ask your Guide for access to the R1 Shop. if youre flexible and get access, you can pick up a truck sooner than "processing estimate"

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I’m guessing they are still making more R1Ts at this point, sorry to hear all the disappointment. My guide did say 6-8 weeks once 8-step opened, which ended up being 10 days FWIW.

Hope to see happy posts soon, you’re gonna love your Rivian!

PeterSK

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 FG/FE R1S, 2020 Model Y
Occupation
Retired / board director
Clubs

When are they starting to roll out that new suspension? I would like to get mine with that updated suspension. My window is Q4’23 so hopeful I will get it by then. Those in the cutoff period are going to be pretty disappointed if they were the last R1’s with the old suspension. No pressure 😊
There is no new suspension. That was just a press release from the component supplier. It looks like they made the same release a year or more ago, but weren't able to name Rivian in it. This time they named Rivian.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model Y
I’ll probably flip not for the EV9 but for a Volvo EX90. Put down a deposit. Volvo is shooting for early 2024. My Rivian estimate Oct to Dec 2023.

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Did those that got 1/6 confirm emails also get assigned guides or no?

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
I think everyone got guides assigned.

Did anyone move to the next step and have their 8steps email?

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic

I have my 8 steps open. Is this just for R1S people? My config is now back to the R1T.

OP
OP
zefram47

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

R1T and got a guide assigned, but no personalized contact or 8 steps yet. That said, I just changed from Quad + Max to Quad + Large about 2.5 weeks ago.

ashnazg

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Leaf, Zero SR, Energica Experia, Honda NM4
Occupation
Software Developer
Should I assume that those that can edit their reservation had reserved before July 2022? My reservation only shows R1T vs R1S, so switching models is the only "change" I could make today.
Sponsored