First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I know some here have owned some very expensive luxury vehicles that might rival this for repair costs, but this is a GMC😬

If you're one of the lucky few to score a Hummer EV (hopefully not at a crazy auction price), it might behoove you to protect your tail lights from damage. As one owner in a Hummer EV Facebook group found out, those plastic housings are quite expensive.
This particular owner was quoted $4,040 for just the Hummer's passenger taillight, not including labor. While this might seem like a typo, we can assure you that these taillights truly are expensive. After digging up the part number and giving a few dealers a call ourselves, The Drive was able to confirm GM's list price of $3,045.48 per side, meaning a full set will run nearly $6,100—more than 5% of the Hummer EV's MSRP—before installation.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/gmc-h...st-an-eye-watering-6100-to-replace-plus-labor
Sponsored

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Not as many consistent chances to get money out of customers down the road with service in an EV. So I guess GM would rather recover some of that revenue in parts. I'm struggling to believe GM spent the resources on designing a $6k light bar on a halo vehicle that only a relative few will own. This better come down a bit for the EV Silverado....

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I've seen recent posts here about "matrix headlights"... be happy we don't have them (yet) $$$$$$$

OP
OP
COdogman

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
The same taillights that had a recall?
I actually didn’t know they had a recall on their taillights - I just saw this story about replacement cost and it got my attention.

Sponsored

OP
OP
COdogman

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Not as many consistent chances to get money out of customers down the road with service in an EV. So I guess GM would rather recover some of that revenue in parts. I'm struggling to believe GM spent the resources on designing a $6k light bar on a halo vehicle that only a relative few will own. This better come down a bit for the EV Silverado....
That could be a big part of it. It is pretty hard to believe that GM would put that much effort into premium lights, but here we are. Whatever the reason, they are pricey!

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Can't wait to see the replacement cost for a Rivian headlight

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
Can't wait to see the replacement cost for a Rivian headlight
They go for about $700 on ebay or $1600 for both + lightbar. I know it's not OEM pricing, but would expect it to come down from those prices used over time.

OP
OP
COdogman

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler