Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I haven't read the entire thread, but am I correct in saying you're using the frunk 12V outlet to power a radar detector? If so, what type of application of a radar detector? (meaning windshield mount or the ones that are installed in the bumpers)
The one under the dash, not the frunk.
Sponsored

Rob O

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2019 RS5 Sportback, 2018 Raptor, 2020 M4
Occupation
Dad
Late to the party, and have read all 17 pages to this point. Crazy how random the inclusion or exclusion of the 12V sockets is based on VINs and even build dates. Picked up my R1T late Feb, 01/23 build, VIN 185xx and mine has both frunk and under dash sockets. Iā€™ve not checked power to the frunk 12V, but used the one under dash for my radar detector on the 175+ mile drive home ... and was happy it was there!

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Could someone with the socketless frunk and socketful dash check the dash socket to see if itā€™s working? My 173xx R1T has the socket under the dash but it doesnā€™t seem to be powered. I wonder if they didnā€™t wire the dash up but had to run through remaining inventory of dash/outlets even though they wouldnā€™t be functional.
I have both (I realize that's not what you said) and the dash 12v definitely works. I haven't tried the frunk one yet.
I'd also add that the USB from the console seems to charge at full speed on my Pixel 6. Wireless charger does nothing.

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi Q7 , 2023 Red Canyon Rivian R1T
Late to the party, and have read all 17 pages to this point. Crazy how random the inclusion or exclusion of the 12V sockets is based on VINs and even build dates. Picked up my R1T late Feb, 01/23 build, VIN 185xx and mine has both frunk and under dash sockets. Iā€™ve not checked power to the frunk 12V, but used the one under dash for my radar detector on the 175+ mile drive home ... and was happy it was there!
Looks like I was ~300 away from the frunk 12v (which is cool but I would very rarely use); 01/23 build VIN 188xx :CWL:

Sponsored

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

I'd also add that the USB from the console seems to charge at full speed on my Pixel 6. Wireless charger does nothing.
You have a 6, 6 Pro, or 6a? Afaik 6a does not support wireless charging. Rivian wireless charger works on my Pixel 3 XL, even through the hard case, but the phone slides around too much to make it very useful. šŸ˜ž

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
I don't have a frunk outlet. 14xx R1S delivered in December '22. But I have a Ecoflow River Pro which can run my portable refrigerator for 1.5 days straight even when doing freezing and can be charged to full with an ac outlet in about an hour and 12v is still active (supports pass through charging) while charging. So far I don't have a use case for outlet in frunk but just throwing an idea if someone really need a 12v outlet anywhere.

Sponsored

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

You have a 6, 6 Pro, or 6a? Afaik 6a does not support wireless charging. Rivian wireless charger works on my Pixel 3 XL, even through the hard case, but the phone slides around too much to make it very useful. šŸ˜ž
P6. I donā€™t care too much since the slow charging of wireless is not usually worth it. I just keep a USB-C cable in the console ready when I need more juice and since it has the slot, it stays in place but out of sight until I want it.
Man I wish I still had the form factor of the P3. It would be a mini now and I miss that.

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi Q7 , 2023 Red Canyon Rivian R1T
Yea, I scored Meridian and both 12v outlets. Body panels all look great too. Mine was built in January.
Nice!

Mine was also a Jan build and overall everything is pretty good, better than I had anticipated. I could nit pick about one side of the hood and a gear tunnel door being off by a fraction but it's hardly noticeable.

Road noise is ok, for a truck, and there is a little hood flex (I have the updated trim piece). I think the only thing I'll put a ticket in for is the hood flex b/c I worry about it over time.
Sponsored