Just got my 175XX VIN today and have no 12v in the frunk
Sponsored

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Just got my 175XX VIN today and have no 12v in the frunk
R1S VIN 35xx, picked up Friday, has 12V and two magnets in frunk, plastic trim on headrests, and two hold downs in the cargo area (vs 4 in the press R1)

BendR1S

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Subaru Outback
R1S VIN 35xx, picked up Friday, has 12V and two magnets in frunk, plastic trim on headrests, and two hold downs in the cargo area (vs 4 in the press R1)
R1T pickup yesterday. 177XX VIN. No 12V. Per the guy who dropped it off, they basically worked through an existing batch for frunk tubs with 12V that was in stock. Moving forward, the 12V from the frunk has been eliminated.

Lars24

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Clubs

191xx VIN delivered today. No 12v, single magnet.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Just saw a post on Facebook where someone doesn’t have the 12v under the dash but does have the 12v in the frunk… has that been addressed in this thread?
Rivian R1T R1S 12 volt frunk power outlet is back! > in my just-delivered 2023 R1T (mid 18000 VIN) 0421A92D-0CBA-47D7-A4EA-CD63FDE955B7

Sponsored

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
Oh snap! The 12v in the Frunk was a nice to have, but missing from under the dash!!! That is detrimental. Gonna start forcing folks with dash cams to start using the OBD II port which I don't think is switched.

Gonna cause a lot of dead 12v batteries.

OP
OP
ohseedee

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
honestly, i had no clue there was an outlet under the dash. just went out to check and I have it. Seems like i lucked out with 3 12 volt (frunk, dash, tunnel) and 4 120v (bed x2, backseat, tunnel). Side note, I tested all 6 of my USB-C ports and 1 doesn't work (left rear screen). Not a big deal and will put in a ticket if/when I need something bigger done. All said, tons of power options.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Another thread about this. But yea, seems like the under dash 12v is also being eliminated, at least based on a few newer deliveries. I think eventually there will be no 12v the way things are moving.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Probably a stupid question, but does that mean there would be no power available to the dash except for the OBD II port? There aren't any USB-C ports there, right?

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Probably a stupid question, but does that mean there would be no power available to the dash except for the OBD II port? There aren't any USB-C ports there, right?
Correct. Nearest USB-C is in the front arm rest.

Surfinkal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Data Engineer
I reported earlier in this thread that I do have a 12v plug in the frunk. I am back to report I do not have a 12v under the dash. Luckily, it’s not that big of a deal to me, but surprised at the inconsistency of delivered vehicles.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Correct. Nearest USB-C is in the front arm rest.
So I'm a bit slow to the party on this, but if that's the case how're people charging their phones when they have them clipped to the windshield or where ever?

I know it's not a dealbreaker for some, but having it on the armwrest is going to be pretty darn annoying. I stuck one here on my old Chevy WT like 15 years ago and never looked back:

Rivian R1T R1S 12 volt frunk power outlet is back! > in my just-delivered 2023 R1T (mid 18000 VIN) 1679076288830

Just when I was considering locking in a config change to get a Rivian sooner, too. 😑

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
So I'm a bit slow to the party on this, but if that's the case how're people charging their phones when they have them clipped to the windshield or where ever?
Originally there was a 12V plug under the dash, so early deliveries could use that.

It's never been an issue for me because I hate phones stuck to windshields/dashes so I will never have that problem.

I stuck one here on my old Chevy WT like 15 years ago and never looked back:
1679076288830.png
If you're okay with the aftermarket drill-hole-stick-on approach, then you could still do that with a R1T. In fact, it'd be even less janky because you could put it in the original/factory location and it wouldn't be as visible.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Originally there was a 12V plug under the dash, so early deliveries could use that.

It's never been an issue for me because I hate phones stuck to windshields/dashes so I will never have that problem.
Yeah, but with no AA/CP, going to have to stick a phone somewhere to have reliable navigation.

J/k, not trying to start up that debate in this thread. 😆

On a lighter note, fired up my Amiga 2000 earlier this week for the first time in about a year. Old gal still works, LOL. 🤣

Edit: Am definitely going to have to break out the drill, assuming I get a Rivian at some point...
Sponsored