Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
A joint effort of GM and Pilot:

"The chargers will be installed, operated and maintained by EVgo and will include high-power fast chargers capable of charging at up to 350 kilowatts as well as charging stalls designed to accommodate electric vehicles that are towing trailers. The chargers will be open to all electric vehicles that are compatible with DC fast charging."

Announcement:
https://www.evgo.com/press-release/...ast-charging-access-to-drivers-across-the-us/

The chargers they will be deploying for this expansion
https://www.evgo.com/charging-solutions/business-and-commercial/evgo-extend/
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Car and Driver - "To do so, GM and Pilot Company are employing EVgo, which, with over 850 locations, is the most extensive fast-charging network in the country."

"GM has pledged to invest nearly $750 million, alongside public grant money, into improving EV charging infrastructure, especially, as they said in 2021, in "underserved, rural, and urban areas where EV charging access is often limited."

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
Car and Driver - "To do so, GM and Pilot Company are employing EVgo, which, with over 850 locations, is the most extensive fast-charging network in the country."
Tesla has over 1000 locations, how is this "the most extensive". Must be some other measure, not what they imply.

• Sad
Reactions: Guy

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Tesla has over 1000 locations, how is this "the most extensive". Must be some other measure, not what they imply.
Probably counting EVgo existing locations too. They have a lot of L2 chargers.

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
Probably counting EVgo existing locations too. They have a lot of L2 chargers.
Hah, missed that. Never thought of L2 as *fast" or that there was such a thing as "ACFC".

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

[/QUOTE

other measure used = lack of facts or knowledge

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

EV go has a bit of a hit & miss reputation….but at least there will be more chargers.

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
So you are saying people in EVs might not have to avoid the entire state of WY for road trips now?

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Hah, missed that. Never thought of L2 as *fast" or that there was such a thing as "ACFC".

I just looked at what it will look like to do a Maine trip with my R1 on plug share. It looks like a suicide mission. We usually move along rt 1 and if you filter above 50 KW, there is nothing there except two Tesla super chargers.

I couldn't find a zoom-able map with Plug share planned chargers on it. Anyone has a direct link?
on knowledge of anyone else planning to put anything up there anytime soon? Even Rivian is not planning to put anything along Rt 1 which is where all the travelers go. I thing Fed incentives may be only for those that go near major highways. I guess we may have to keep at least one ICE for a while.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
My guess is they were referencing open infrastructures. At this point Tesla is a closed system.

Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I've been impressed by the 350kW EVgo chargers in my area. There's one right by my office that consistently holds 200+ kW for my R1T all the way up to 50%, and it has a very reasonable per-minute charge.

It's cheap enough that if I'm charging from ~20%-50%, it's significantly cheaper than my home utility rate. Here's a recent session where I got 34 kWh in ten minutes for less than $0.09/kWh (close to half my home utility rate):

Rivian R1T R1S 2000 new EVgo chargers coming to 500 locations along US highways -- to be built by GM/Pilot 1657909402670

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
So that math says that about 1000 chargers, or 250 sites, will be fully operational at any one time and the rest will be going through some sort of fault processing. Is that what I've been reading on this forum?

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
Same BS. looked at the locations for the new chargers. all are in the exact same areas that already well served. Try to take a rod trip anywhere other than the east or west coast and you are SOL. only tesla has structured a charging network based on expanding EV adoptions and improving travel for EV owners.

Turnipsaregreat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rickgeorgerealestate.com
Vehicles
Ioniq 5
Occupation
Realtor
Same BS. looked at the locations for the new chargers. all are in the exact same areas that already well served. Try to take a rod trip anywhere other than the east or west coast and you are SOL. only tesla has structured a charging network based on expanding EV adoptions and improving travel for EV owners.
Where is the map of the proposed chargers for this project?

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Could have fooled me too, because it's extremely misleading. They are counting 50kw chargers in that. There is only one DCFC with 100+kw in TX or any bordering state, a single station with 4 plugs north of Dallas. It's actually the smallest DCFC network if we're being honest.

But that's why they did this deal, so thumbs up. There will now be three, maybe four, national DCFC networks in a few years, which is exactly what is needed to drive competition:

EA (public)
Rivian (private to start, then public)
EVGo (public)
Tesla (private then maybe public, if not only partially public?)
Sponsored