Sponsored

Jdrexler

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Quad/Large. 2009 Toyota Tundra.
Occupation
Healthcare
That is a great looking truck. Toyota dependability. Decent off road stats. It's going to be popular.

Grajjie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Ioniq Electric, Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I really like the new Tundra so it's nice to see a lot of stuff like the tail lights and interior carried over to the new Tacoma. Looks really good!

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Looks like a good tech update and overall redesign, theyre definitely going to sell well.

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
I have been a lifelong Toyota fan, but I'll have to pass on this one. I am more of a composable truck builder, where I like to use the best of breed parts vs. buying a pre built package of what someone else views as functional. IMO the engine is going to be underpowered for all the weight the overlanders are going to pack into their trucks. I think the smooth lines of my R1T have influence the way I see the chunky lines of the new Taco. :oops:

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I am of the opposite opinion I guess. I really don't like the look. I prefer the look of the older Tacoma. Now it looks like the Tundra which I consider to be the fugliest truck on the market. But that is just my opinion.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Impressive power and torque from the hybrid, which when weight adjusted match or exceed the dual motor Rivian. Should sell well.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Is it just lipstick on a 40 year old design? Still drum brakes, for example?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Is it just lipstick on a 40 year old design? Still drum brakes, for example?
Nope. Completely new from ground up. Drums are gone, leafs are gone (except base), and pretty much everything "old" is gone. Including the neutral good looks.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Reading the description of the new seats in the TRD Pro compared to the flat slabs of hard leather in mine almost made me cry.

Debuting exclusively on the new TRD Pro is a segment-first IsoDynamic Performance Seat that helps provide a smooth, confidence-inspiring ride for those in the driver and front passenger seats. The goal of this patent- pending feature is to stabilize the driver’s field of vision to improve focus, comfort, and reduce fatigue while on rugged trails. The IsoDynamic Performance Seat uses an air-over-oil shock absorber system allowing for vertical and lateral seat movement simultaneously to dampen body movement and stabilize the head and neck to keep alignment with the spine. This dampening effect is tunable based on body mass and occupant preference and can be bypassed, if desired, via levers on the seatbacks.