First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Uhh, everyone realizes that Tesla does sell cars currently and does not live in a world of giant vehicles, right? The CT is supposedly smaller than an F150, which Ford has no issue stuffing in garages nationwide. In fact, currently it's the most stuffed in garages vehicle in the US.
No one actually knows the dimensions, weight, etc of the CT. It appears nowhere on Teslaā€™s website even though this thing is supposed to start deliveries late this year. Looking at the only photo Iā€™ve seen of those 2 trucks next to each other it certainly looks like the CT is longer than the F150.

Rivian R1T R1S 4 Wheel Steering Cybertruck - in Action Video 1675520786117
Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

My Lightning didn't fit in my garage either. The Rivian barely squeezes in with about an inch in front and 3-4 inches in the rear.
I have 32" of clearance front to rear on my R1T in the single side of my garage but only 8" clearance getting it through the door.....

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Don't shoot me, but this thing is slowly growing on me......at $65K, why not? Like a million other people, I'm on the list from long ago....

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Don't shoot me, but this thing is slowly growing on me......at $65K, why not? Like a million other people, I'm on the list from long ago....
I just donā€™t see 65k, based on Teslaā€˜s history of selling fully loaded high end first anything under 110k (most likely significantly more) before the end of 2024 would really surprise me. A base Model X starts at 110k. šŸ¤·šŸ»

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Yep. Me 2X. Would be great work trucks if they are what he says they are.

Sponsored

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
I just donā€™t see 65k, based on Teslaā€˜s history of selling fully loaded high end first anything under 110k (most likely significantly more) before the end of 2024 would really surprise me. A base Model X starts at 110k. šŸ¤·šŸ»
While I agree it will be available at more than $65k, Tesla is looking for volume out of the CT. I think that there will be a wide range of pricing and options that will allow them to address the ~$60K market and then up from there. They still have to compete with Ford, GM, and RAM in some regards and I'm certain they are aware of this.

The initial ones I'm sure will be pricey and loaded up, but as they ramp production and need to utilize the Austin facility, I think we'll see other pricing options, ala the current Model 3 that ranges from $43,490 up to over easily $60K with Advanced AP or FSD.

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

My Lightning didn't fit in my garage either. The Rivian barely squeezes in with about an inch in front and 3-4 inches in the rear.
We've measured our garage and, assuming we do ever r get an e-truck, it will be tight, with some modifications to the garage interior. (removal of some shelves)

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

We've measured our garage and, assuming we do ever r get an e-truck, it will be tight, with some modifications to the garage interior. (removal of some shelves)
I had large closets built into my garage for better storage space. If I removed one of them, then I could get the Cybertruck in there, or the Ford. But hate to do so. I have a deep garage and the storage space is priceless so don't want to give it up. Fortunately, with the Rivian, I don't have to. Just have to be extra careful pulling it in each time. Fortunately, I'm able to angle the truck in with the LF corner using the doorway to the closet, giving me an extra couple of inches.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I think this is accurate. Given all the claims Musk has made about this truck and itā€™s capabilities, do we really expect it to come in under the X? I would be very surprised.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Being let down auto manufacturers is a "Tesla only" thing? That's news.
Oh most definitely not. But most automakersā€˜ CEOs arenā€™t out there saying things like this:

Rivian R1T R1S 4 Wheel Steering Cybertruck - in Action Video 00DB27E4-5580-4C22-8FE5-CF4DC52A1544

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
I don't need a boat and I sure and heck don't hang on Elon's every word and seize on every thing as a "gotcha" point. Gotta take the good with the bad and the dude did advance the EV and drive the growth curve to where we are today almost singlehand.

I need a work truck with a closer to full sized bed at a better price point than 90K. If that truck does that...great. If the Ford Lightning does...great.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I don't need a boat and I sure and heck don't hang on Elon's every word and seize on every thing as a "gotcha" point. Gotta take the good with the bad and the dude did advance the EV and drive the growth curve to where we are today almost singlehand.

I need a work truck with a closer to full sized bed at a better price point than 90K. If that truck does that...great. If the Ford Lightning does...great.
Itā€™s not a ā€œgotchaā€ point. Those are his words and heā€™s said it more than once. I can respect what he did to advance EVs and also think heā€™s a f*cking tool. If the R1T isnā€™t the truck that does what you need I hope one of the others is.

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Itā€™s not a ā€œgotchaā€ point. Those are his words and heā€™s said it more than once. I can respect what he did to advance EVs and also think heā€™s a f*cking tool. If the R1T isnā€™t the truck that does what you need I hope one of the others is.
I guess I don't get as bothered by what Elon Musk says. I don't need my R1T to be a work truck. But I will need that functionality out of others.
Sponsored