Sponsored

8 Steps stalled

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I got the 8 steps email on Saturday morning. I immediately submitted my ID for registration and requested both a trade quote and an insurance quote. My trade immediately went into pending manual review, and the Rivian insurance agent recommended I wait until delivery is scheduled to set an effective date for the policy. Four business days later there's been zero movement or communication. My registration docs are still pending approval. My trade is still under review, despite the messaging saying it typically takes less than one business day. Scheduling still hasn't opened, and I've had zero contact from my guide.

Is this normal? I recall the R1T purchase being much quicker and more engaged.
Sponsored

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
It is normal, the trade in can hold it up, it did for me. You can either ask to remove the trade then sell it yourself or ask your guide/customer service to push the trade in along.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I haven’t been through it yet, but I do believe this is normal based on others accounts here of the process. Some even said their guide advised waiting until the truck was at the SC to even begin the 8 Steps.

TimJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6
This is normal. I’m in the 8 steps now too. I’m still waiting for my truck to be delivered to the service center (supposed to be today). Then once they finish prepping it for delivery your last step will unlock. It has been about a month since my steps opened. Insurance (AAA) won’t add truck to the policy until 7 days before delivery so I can’t complete that step yet anyway. Rivian told me that they also recommend not transferring insurance until you have a firm delivery date. Get done what you can and try to remain patient. That is what I keep telling myself.

As an aside, Rivian really lowballed the offer on my trade-in ($5,000 less than others) so don’t be surprised if that happens to you too. I will be selling my subie to Carvana when I get my delivery date.

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I had the same. The trade-in stalled it, and I asked the guide after 3-4 days. He had the value in his system, but it hadn't pushed through to me. It was so low-balled, it wasn't even remotely worth considering so I just canceled that and sailed through to the next step. Currently paused at payment (by me) while the truck is in transit.

Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

As an aside, Rivian really lowballed the offer on my trade-in ($5,000 less than others) so don’t be surprised if that happens to you too. I will be selling my subie to Carvana when I get my delivery date.
Rivian isn’t in the used car business. A wholesale offer based on market economics is pretty much what you’ll get. No negotiation.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
This is normal. Be sure not to submit payment or finalize insurance until you have a scheduled delivery date. There’s no requirement to pay prior to that and it can mean you’re making payments and accruing interest for several weeks before picking up the vehicle.

TimJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6
Rivian isn’t in the used car business. A wholesale offer based on market economics is pretty much what you’ll get. No negotiation.
Yeah, I get that. I am merely attempting to temper expectations of OP so they can begin putting a plan B in place.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
It's normal, you can ask your guide to approve the documents you submitted and should be able to open up the other steps. FYI, there isn't a huge rush as it probably is going to take a few weeks until your vehicle comes - I remember wanting to complete mine immediately but looking back I could have just taken my time.

OP
OP

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Yeah, I get that. I am merely attempting to temper expectations of OP so they can begin putting a plan B in place.
I don't need to trade, just curious what they'll offer. I actually submitted my R1T for trade.

Sponsored

911.1 Guy

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Dam Many
Occupation
Finance
This is normal. Be sure not to submit payment or finalize insurance until you have a scheduled delivery date. There’s no requirement to pay prior to that and it can mean you’re making payments and accruing interest for several weeks before picking up the vehicle.
Did they request that you pay before the delivery day or on the delivery day? Do you get the opportunity to see the vehicle before you pay?

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

I don't need to trade, just curious what they'll offer. I actually submitted my R1T for trade.
Now this will be interesting! What value does Rivian/Cox put on a lightly used Rivian?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
This is an interesting curveball. Keep us posted on that!

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Did they request that you pay before the delivery day or on the delivery day? Do you get the opportunity to see the vehicle before you pay?
That depends on what state you live in. If your state allows direct sales, you can show up at delivery with a cashier's check. Here in TX which doesn't allow direct sales, my payment had to be sent FedEx overnight to arrive at Rivian by 3pm the day before the scheduled delivery. So no way to inspect the vehicle before making payment in my case. And in spite of pictures of the check and a FedEx tracking number, Rivian would not proceed with delivery until the check was in their possession. This caused me to have to delay my delivery from a Saturday to Tuesday because FedEx didn't deliver the check on Friday due to severe weather delaying the shipment.

OP
OP

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Now this will be interesting! What value does Rivian/Cox put on a lightly used Rivian?
This is an interesting curveball. Keep us posted on that!
We'll see! Guide finally sent me an email letting me know the S is at the local SC undergoing PDI now, so hopefully I'll have a trade quote this week.
Sponsored