First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
The current speculation is a dual, 320-330 mile range, for $~75K, then two quad-motor variants, one being 400 mile range around mid-90s, the other 500 (with like a 200kWh battery). Pricing about $110-115K.

The range is based around a ~2.5 kWh/mile efficiency, which is probably pretty close? I guess there's going to be some insane 24" wheel option (or standard for the quad trims), that I'd imagine will greatly impact the range.

Those right out of the ether, aka, people's backsides, BUT I do kind of agree on the pricing based on existing cars, Tesla trends, market space, etc.
Be lucky to get 2.0mile/kwh with a Cd of 0.39. Probably closer to 1.8
Your 2.5kwh/mile would be atrocious...the tesla semi gets better than that
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I'm just waiting for the stoplight interaction where the Cybertruck driver is pointing at my Rivian R1T and laughing, I'm pointing at the Cybertruck and laughing. Each firmly believing the other got screwed!
I won't even look at it if one pulls up....don't wanna go blind. :p

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Software Dev / Architect / Product Designer
Units are hard.
Well, we’re headed down to the Portofino. Got a killer room on the club level staying at Universal for a few days. Kind of packing responding on my phone not really paying attention. Yeah just reversed the units.

Everything’s cool. :cool:

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Be lucky to get 2.0mile/kwh with a Cd of 0.39. Probably closer to 1.8
Your 2.5kwh/mile would be atrocious...the tesla semi gets better than that
Where did Cd=0.39 come from? Franz has never designed a vehicle with such a high Cd in the past (Mazda or Tesla).

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
No way man. It will be a $40,000 bulletproof boat that charges in 5 minutes with 500 mile range. It’s the future because Elon never misses…..

And since it can tow nearly infinite mass, that bulletproof boat will be used as the SpaceX landing barge tow vehicle.
Rivian R1T R1S Adam Jonas (Morgan Stanley): Cybertruck could end up just being a ‘side-show’ 1678391903658

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
From the same Morgan Stanley who helped drive the Rivian IPO price up to $78... okay.

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order, Model Y P, Tundra TRD Pro
Cybertruck has almost 2 million preorders.... don't know how they can say its a side show. I have a deposit in just hoping it looks better when it comes out. I am thinking it will be 2026 and beyond for my # to come up.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
The fanboy inevitably shows up. Weird people defending Elon meme comes to mind.
Oh, you mean the one that owns a Rivian and BMW i3 in addition to a Model3?

Yeah, I'm a real Tesla fanatic..... :rolleyes:

My post was an attempt to show how MS is not infallible, it was not in support of the CT or Elon.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Oh, you mean the one that owns a Rivian and BMW i3 in addition to a Model3?

Yeah, I'm a real Tesla fanatic..... :rolleyes:

My post was an attempt to show how MS is not infallible not in support of the CT or Elon.
His track record with Tesla has been pretty good, regardless of his opinions on Rivian

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Where did Cd=0.39 come from? Franz has never designed a vehicle with such a high Cd in the past (Mazda or Tesla).
Look it up. At that was without mirrors. Gonna be a hog

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Look it up. At that was without mirrors. Gonna be a hog
If you're comment is based on this video and an independent CFD run, the result is completely inconsistent with what really happens.

The entire modeling is flawed because it lacks moving ground and wheels. Having working in WT tests - both aircraft and road vehicles - non moving ground and wheels gives erroneous results. Once the ground is moving and wheels are moving the drag force is 15~20% lower, which will result in much lower Cd. That's why all the F1 teams have, and all automakers uses WT with moving ground. They use the result from the test to calibrate their CFD assumptions and results.

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Reality is that it will come down to value. If underpricing competitors and ramping production quickly, it will be a hit.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Cybertruck has almost 2 million preorders.... don't know how they can say its a side show. I have a deposit in just hoping it looks better when it comes out. I am thinking it will be 2026 and beyond for my # to come up.
I believe they are saying the CT and it's buzz parallels the nature of a circus sideshow and they are comparing Elon Musk to PT Barnum. PT Barnum's "Greatest Show on Earth" was a traveling circus - but it was not only the three ring circus acts (S3XY vehicles) that brought people in. PT Barnum's Side Show Freaks (Elon's Cybertruck) were all the buzz and a huge reason millions of people (Elon's CT preorder holders) went to his circus. Barnum was most famous for his side show odd looking people (Cybertruck) in that period, such as Tom Thumb, the Bearded Lady, the Four Legged Girl, The Wild Men of Borneo, etc.

In that context, you might see why they called the CT a "Side Show".
Rivian R1T R1S Adam Jonas (Morgan Stanley): Cybertruck could end up just being a ‘side-show’ 1678421827448
Sponsored