User

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting 4 my R1T Still
Hello,

New to the forum and I have a question that was recently asked by another member, however I would like to ask about it from a different perspective without intruding on their post or taking direction away from theirs.

I am currently configuring my R1T, Green with the 4 Motors.
I'm stuck at the question of the Adventure Package and here are My pros and cons if someone could kindly weigh in with their opinion;
Pros: The Look
Cons: The Range reduction

About me:
Located in Southern California. I work from home and don't commute but when I do it's usually just San Bernardino To Laguna/Newport to Los Angeles areas with the Occasional drive to the Mountains or Vegas.

I'm personally fine with the "stock set" of tires that it would come with BUT I would LOVE the more aggressive look that you get with the adventure package. My only concern is really the range reduction.
I have a Model X 100D and a Model X Plaid, Plaid with a max range of 330ish and the other 100D with a range of around 270 and I do notice the difference there.

I'm a child. "Young" in physical age but I'm probably maybe 7-10 years old with the way that I act. I enjoy the speed responsibly, and while I'm not expecting a RACE CAR out of this TRUCK and I don't expect it to compare to the plaid, I just want to share these characteristics of myself to see how someone else might think I would value the Adventure pack vs non. I want the aggressive look and would want to use the power of the car and would want to have the best range or reasonable range but I notice that the range drops from around 300miles to 260 when adding the adventure pack. Do you think this is that big of a sacrifice or that noticeable of one in terms of the range and speed for the look? Would it be significantly less comfortable? (I do have a lifted silverado for just "sussery" or "moving needs" and I do always catch myself looking at other silverados with regular tires and no lift thinking to myself, Man I really picked the right choice here. I also understand that having a lifted Silverado would influence the fuel efficiency similarly to how the Adventure package would to the range on the Rivian, but my concern is that it would result in more frequent need for stops/more anxiety/more time at stops possibly when that isn't exactly a sacrifice that comes with a lifted/larger tires on a gas vehicle. )

Other things to consider, I likely wouldn't install a home charger as I do have plans of moving within the next few months so I would likely be charging this thing at a super charger (or whatever Rivian calls theirs)

I apologize for the lengthy discussion and appreciate those who read this far. Looking forward to connect with you all here.

TLDR: I want the nice look and aggressive look of the adventure package but stuck between that and the sacrifice of range going from around 300 to 260 when adding the adventure pack. Curious of your thoughts and how you weigh these, or even better how someone may currently be experiencing the actual difference I'm asking about here.
Sponsored

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
You’ll get closer to 300 miles of range with conserve mode when you need it, with the 20s

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
Sorry for the long post, I didn't have time to write a short one....

Seriously I'm not really clear what you mean. AFAIK, all Vivian's are Currently offered with the Large Pack, which yields between around 300-330 miles of range. And I'm guessing you mean that battery size because you mentioned moving and I believe it's the only pack size that will be available for the next few months.

So I think the question is, is 300 miles enough for you? I'm going to guess yes, since I also have a X Plaid and have a true range of around 280 miles and I'd say my R1T is very, very similar to that.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Seriously I'm not really clear what you mean. AFAIK, all Vivian's are Currently offered with the Large Pack, which yields between around 300-330 miles of range. And I'm guessing you mean that battery size because you mentioned moving and I believe it's the only pack size that will be available for the next few months.

So I think the question is, is 300 miles enough for you? I'm going to guess yes, since I also have a X Plaid and have a true range of around 280 miles and I'd say my R1T is very, very similar to that.
I'm pretty sure he is talking about the current current available configurations. OP please confirm you mean the package of 20" wheels, Underbody shield and spare tire?

Calling it the adventure package is confusing because that is what the all current R1T models are, either adventure or launch edition (which is just a rebadging of the adventure edition but came with some extra goodies). They previously had a lower cost explore package that the dropped.

The difference in the is really the tires, the 20" ATs result in about a 15% reduction in the range and the 22" about 10%. I have the 20's but I prefer the better snow handling, other readily available tire options and ability to off road more effectively. I also have a set of 21s that I bought second hand, have yet to use them but will plan on using them for longer road trips.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect

Maybe referring to the 20ATs together with underbody protection being bundled now?

Sponsored

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
I'm pretty sure he is talking about the current current available configurations. OP please confirm you mean the package of 20" wheels, Underbody shield and spare tire?

Calling it the adventure package is confusing because that is what the all current R1T models are, either adventure or launch edition (which is just a rebadging of the adventure edition but came with some extra goodies). They previously had a lower cost explore package that the dropped.

The difference in the is really the tires, the 20" ATs result in about a 15% reduction in the range and the 22" about 10%. I have the 20's but I prefer the better snow handling, other readily available tire options and ability to off road more effectively. I also have a set of 21s that I bought second hand, have yet to use them but will plan on using them for longer road trips.
I was wondering that as well, but I don’t think any current config gets the vehicle down to 260 mile range?

OP
OP

User

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting 4 my R1T Still
Thank you all for your responses.

Yes, I am referring to the "all terrain upgrade" I apologize. Thank you for clearing this up for me as well. My mistake from the header on the configuration page. I have attached two photos showing what I'm referring. One picture shows the "Adventure - All Terrain Upgrade" that I was referring to. (And shows the range without this upgrade selected) The other picture shows how the range drops to 265 once I do add the All Terrain Package Upgrade.

Rivian R1T R1S Adventure Pack Vs NON-Adventure Pack RANGE Concern Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 10.03.03 PM

Rivian R1T R1S Adventure Pack Vs NON-Adventure Pack RANGE Concern Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 10.03.10 PM

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Thank you all for your responses.

Yes, I am referring to the "all terrain upgrade" I apologize. Thank you for clearing this up for me as well. My mistake from the header on the configuration page. I have attached two photos showing what I'm referring. One picture shows the "Adventure - All Terrain Upgrade" that I was referring to. (And shows the range without this upgrade selected) The other picture shows how the range drops to 265 once I do add the All Terrain Package Upgrade.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 10.03.03 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 10.03.10 PM.png
I can see why that’s confusing. If you configure the exact vehicle with the visualizer tool on rivian.com, this configuration shows 289 miles.

OP
OP

User

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting 4 my R1T Still
I can see why that’s confusing. If you configure the exact vehicle with the visualizer tool on rivian.com, this configuration shows 289 miles.
Wow, that's actually pretty unusual/interesting. I wonder why the difference for mine then. I know it's only around 25 miles but 289 is certainly better and more visually appealing for a sale lol

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Wow, that's actually pretty unusual/interesting. I wonder why the difference for mine then. I know it's only around 25 miles but 289 is certainly better and more visually appealing for a sale lol
Yeah agreed. Wonder if there’s a way to give feedback to Rivian on that

Sponsored

md2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Clubs

Still going back and forth on trading my model 3, large pack, mostly because I like the super charger network for longer trips and generally really like the car.
What can I expect on a full charge in terms of apx. real world range for the Launch Edition, Quad-Motor AWD, Large battery pack, 20" All-Terrain, say at 75 mph? Winter (20 degrees)? Summer (80 degrees)?
Sponsored