Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
NONE
Clubs

I linked Alexa in my R1S and it responds to all commands, makes calls, weather etc but when I ask to play music - Alexa says " playing station" but nothing plays. Is there a simple fix, or do I need to put in a ticket.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Restarting infotainment usually fixes it for me.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Ask Alexa to clear notifications and then turn off notifications in settings for Alexa. This may only be a temporary fix but it works for me.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I linked Alexa in my R1S and it responds to all commands, makes calls, weather etc but when I ask to play music - Alexa says " playing station" but nothing plays. Is there a simple fix, or do I need to put in a ticket.
Known issue. Fixed in the upcoming OTA.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Yep, known issue introduced with 2023.14.0.

Sponsored

RedRaiderRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T - Canyon Red
Say "Alexa, Clear notifications" and then reset the infotainment screens (hold outside buttons on the steering wheel). Worked liked a charm for me.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Since the last update:

Me: "Alexa, play 'xyz' on Pandora."

Alexa: "Playing 'xyz' on Pandora."

Proceeds to do nothing.

Or:

Me: "Alexa, navigate home".

Alexa: "Sorry, I don't know how to do that."

Me: manually pushes star button on screen, manually pushes "home" favorite (which is clearly labeled), proceeds to navigate home. Do Infotainment reset after arriving. Have it work maybe one time before stopping again.

Alexa is hot garbage compared to Google/AA, but they really borked it with the most recent update. Supposed to be fixed with the next one. We'll see...

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
I have had this issue, but then when I just say "Alexa, play Amazon Music" it will play my personalized station.

The integration with Amazon Music is garbage anyway - they need to add a dedicated app. How has Bezos not forced this already? I am hoping for Apple Music first anyway (personal preference).

Flyingscot

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Pharma stuff
hoping it’s properly fixed in next OTA. Picked up same problem immediately after last OTA. Support told me to log out of the app, then do info reset. Then it works. As soon as truck goes to sleep it stops working though. I know I’ll be beaten with a virtual pot from a virtual camp kitchen for saying this…. But I really like the Alexa integration (when working).

stewart

First Name
stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chevy Blazer
Occupation
Consultant
I looked this up when it happened on my R1T. I had to reset the info display. Steps I followed were:
1. Tell Alexa to clear your notifications
2. Reset the info display - push and hold the two outer buttons on the steering wheel until it starts the reset
3. once that is done and it reboots as Alexa to clear your notifications.

After that it worked for me. I had to do this twice but have not had to do it after the last update.

Hope this helps
Sponsored