Occupation
Student

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
not "might"... will be.

I was hoping for some new video in that article but it's just the same cheesy clip from Jan 2020 when this was first announced. I still wonder why that guy is going to a randomly selected romantic restaurant alone.

While I'm excited about the Alexa integration, why do these highlight videos always show how well Alexa works when there is only one person, the driver, in the car? How about a real world scenario with the entire family in the car where the driver has to first "mute" the family before speaking to Alexa?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
While I'm excited about the Alexa integration, why do these highlight videos always show how well Alexa works when there is only one person, the driver, in the car? How about a real world scenario with the entire family in the car where the driver has to first "mute" the family before speaking to Alexa?
Or one of your passenger thinks they’re a comedian and starts saying “alexa... Alexa... Alexa...”. Ugh.

Last edited:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Your voice lets you control your car.
Your data lets Amazon sel

Or one of your passenger thinks they’re a comedian and starts saying “alexa... Alexa... Alexa...”. Ugh.
Rivian has stated multiple times that Alexa can be disabled. Sounds like something you might want to take advantage of.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

That dude's expression and obviously fake or modified voice is just spooky and so odd. :oops:

Sponsored

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
As mentioned, you can always disable it.

Also this issue has never occurred in our very Alexa-heavy set up at home, despite having two very smart ass comedian kids.
Worrying about this is like worrying that having physical buttons on the center console opens the door for a comedian passenger to mess with your radio presets or volume.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I still wonder why that guy is going to a randomly selected romantic restaurant alone.
You see, Alexa actually misunderstood him earlier on. She thought he wanted the air conditioning, but he was just boasting about how hot he is - he clearly backs himself to rock up at a restaurant and steal yo woman.