Sponsored

Any Chance for Normal Door Handles and Proximity Keys?

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
That’s the compromise to not have it unlock and lock all the time when you are near the truck. Not sure why 20 feet is an issue.
What prevents someone from getting into the car or worse driving away? Not sure Rivian prevents the driving away part at least, need to test it.
Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
What prevents someone from getting into the car or worse driving away? Not sure Rivian prevents the driving away part at least, need to test it.
Someone is going to jump in your truck when you are 20 feet away? And even if that would happen I assume it would be like any other car without a key. It will turn off eventually and they can’t drive it anymore.

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
Someone is going to jump in your truck when you are 20 feet away? And even if that would happen I assume it would be like any other car without a key. It will turn off eventually and they can’t drive it anymore.
Why not? I would be walking away clueless as to what's happening behind me. Also, I would park, cross the road and reach other end of the parked cars before the car auto locks. So that's more like 40 feet from the back of the car, every day when I go for drop off. A car thief would just have to wait for a Rivian on a busy parking lot and they will have the contents of the car or the car itself.

Last edited:

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Why not? I would be walking away clueless as to what's happening behind me. Also, I would park, cross the road and reach other end of the parked cars before the car auto locks. So that's more like 40 feet from the back of the car, every day when I go for drop off. A car thief would just have to wait for a Rivian on a busy parking lot and they will have the contents of the car or the car itself.
Ok. Then if you are that paranoid just use the fob. You can lock it when you are 5 feet away.
Sponsored