Sponsored

Any Rochester/Syracuse R1T deliveries out there?

sillygoose

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
I figure to be about as far as one can be from a service/delivery center (Cleveland, Boston, Brooklyn) so just wondering if people are taking delivery of the Rivian in the Finger Lakes region. I did chat with Trandall from Horseheads who received his R1T but am wondering how common deliveries are (none listed in the spreadsheet).

The reason I ask is I got pessimistic given the distance to an SC so I moved my address to San Diego where my son lives and was quickly assigned a guide and access to the store (May 2021 reservation). Just wondering if I should move it back given I had no communications from Rivian while I had the Upstate NY address.
Sponsored

James

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MDX, ACCORD
Occupation
Retired Teacher, Reading Coach
Good question.
I'm from Syracuse and in the same situation. I listed a Manhattan address from a family member in hopes of an earlier delivery window from Brooklyn.
Iā€™d really like a factory pick up and remind SC every time I call.
ā€˜You will definitely get delivery faster in San Diego than Upstate NY. And youā€™ll have a road trip built in. Outliers from the service centers like us will be far down the list for deliveries.
ā€˜Best of luck..
ā€˜By the way, a couple of weeks ago, I saw a R1T in DeWitt, near Syracuse at a charger. The owner was an employee from Normal on vacation going to Long Island.

OP
OP
sillygoose

sillygoose

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Was hoping to hear from an owner but I guess there are two of us now, just hoping there are some others that prove the outlier theory wrong. @Trandall from Horseheads thought he knew of deliveries to Ithaca, Rochester, and Watertown so hoping more replies.

FYI, the NY Power Authority had a Rivian at the State Fair this year. At least I saw it close up but it was a private vehicle and just a static display.

OP
OP
sillygoose

sillygoose

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iā€™ll guess there arenā€™t many in upstate NY or aren't the forum type.

I did change my delivery address back to my NY and I still have access to the store. Time to get my Ridgeline ready in anticipation of getting one from the store or my configuration from the factory.

James

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MDX, ACCORD
Occupation
Retired Teacher, Reading Coach
Syracuse here. January 2020 R1S order. I put a relativeā€™s address in NYC for delivery hoping to speed up delivery. Scheduled for first half 2022.

Sponsored

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas
I live in Ithaca. I have seen several R1Ts around town. My delivery estimate for my wife's R1S is Feberuary-March of 2023. I am wondering what service will be like for us.

69LandRover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I'm in the Finger Lakes region. Placed order 11/2021. Was supposed to take delivery late 2023 because of distance from service center.
Then I won the Rivian lottery and got my R1T about a month ago. I have my fingers crossed I won't require any trips to the Brooklyn SC.
I've used my primary address from the beginning.

OP
OP
sillygoose

sillygoose

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I live in Ithaca. I have seen several R1Ts around town. My delivery estimate for my wife's R1S is Feberuary-March of 2023. I am wondering what service will be like for us.
Great you have a delivery estimate, I was concerned that the 250 mile distance to the nearest SC would be a deal breaker. At least it seems that was the case in the October update for others (in other parts of the country) where yje distance to nearest SC was given more weight in determining scheduling.

Please keep us up-to-date if something changes, my May 2021 reservation delivery is now in San Diego (son will use it and I will use his) so if your estimate holds I might switch back to CNY.

OP
OP
sillygoose

sillygoose

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm in the Finger Lakes region. Placed order 11/2021. Was supposed to take delivery late 2023 because of distance from service center.
Then I won the Rivian lottery and got my R1T about a month ago. I have my fingers crossed I won't require any trips to the Brooklyn SC.
I've used my primary address from the beginning.
What lottery was that?šŸ¤”

Great that you got yours already, I am a May 2021 reservation here with access to the R1T store in San Diego but son with family needs an R1S which is estimated July-Sept 2023 delivery. I would love to know for sure that upstate NY is not blacklisted for distance to the nearest service center.

69LandRover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
What lottery was that?šŸ¤”

Great that you got yours already, I am a May 2021 reservation here with access to the R1T store in San Diego but son with family needs an R1S which is estimated July-Sept 2023 delivery. I would love to know for sure that upstate NY is not blacklisted for distance to the nearest service center.
The "lottery" in which allocation of trucks seem to make no sense. I received my truck a year before the expected delivery date rivian sent me.

I have not seen any other R1T locally.

I would say I'm proof that central NY is not completely blacklisted due to distance from a SC. Though, I'm only one data point. It's possible someone closer to a SC backed out of purchase and I happened to be the closest with the same configuration. My delivery came from the Brooklyn SC. I have a Forest Green with black interior, 20ATs, power tonneau. I can't imagine no one else in the NY Metro area didn't have that same configuration.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sillygoose

sillygoose

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Last Friday in Skaneateles (shared by my daughter who always like to tease me):

Rivian R1T R1S Any Rochester/Syracuse R1T deliveries out there? 1668454077364

I know of a forum member with an R1T since late May in Horseheads but works in Ithaca during the week, might be one of the R1Ts in the wild you see around.

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
I got mine at the end of August.

OP
OP
sillygoose

sillygoose

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am starting to see some R1Ts around, just yesterday on 695 heading toward the Fairmont exit and a few in Skaneateles as well.

And I see that the Rivian web site now has a dot on Syracuse for a future service center so that is encouraging.

E Allyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Multiple Tesla Xs, Ys, and a 3
Received my R1T on 12/2. Have been driving around Skaneateles, Auburn, Oswego and Syracuse with it the past week. LOVE IT so far! Will be driving it to NW Colorado Sunday.

OP
OP
sillygoose

sillygoose

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Congratulations on the R1T and have a great trip. Hope to see you out and about when you get back.
Sponsored