Sponsored

Any Rochester/Syracuse R1T deliveries out there?

LostLink

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Clubs

Syracuse here - just grabbed a barely used (3k miles) R1T LE, driving it home this weekend to the 'Cuse. Happy to be here.
Sponsored

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR, Alfa Romeo Giulia
Question for my fellow Rochester & Syracuse Rivian enthusiasts. I'm in Fairport and have had a R1T preorder for a little over two years. They offered me a truck end of last year but I deferred until our local service center opened up, supposedly on Becker Rd in West Henrietta. With Rivian's new voucher approach to preorders, it sounds like my window to get a truck at preorder pricing will not last much longer. My hesitation is that my lifestyle doesn't really allow the crazy slogs out to Cleveland and back for service, so I'm really banking on that service center. We've been driving by the Beck Rd location every few months and haven't really seen any movement. The place is supposed to open in June, but it's nearly April and it's still empty. The only thing that says "Rivian" is the building permit on the window. A few Rivian owners I've chatted with have all been told it will be open "any day now" and that is just not aligned with what I'm seeing. So with that in mind, how has your Western NY Rivian experience been? Would you still recommend taking delivery so far form a SC? Thanks in advance!

James

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MDX, ACCORD
Occupation
Retired Teacher, Reading Coach
Syracuse R1S here. I picked up last April at the factory so I wouldn’t have to go to Brooklyn. I needed service early fall on a headliner speaker and mobile truck came to me twice from Rochester. RIVIAN is renting space from a body shop in Rochester while Henrietta is being readied.

James

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MDX, ACCORD
Occupation
There’s a center scheduled for Syracuse too and supposedly it’s new construction under way. I can’t find any info.

James

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MDX, ACCORD
Occupation
I had no problem with mobile service.

Sponsored

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Question for my fellow Rochester & Syracuse Rivian enthusiasts. I'm in Fairport and have had a R1T preorder for a little over two years. They offered me a truck end of last year but I deferred until our local service center opened up, supposedly on Becker Rd in West Henrietta. With Rivian's new voucher approach to preorders, it sounds like my window to get a truck at preorder pricing will not last much longer. My hesitation is that my lifestyle doesn't really allow the crazy slogs out to Cleveland and back for service, so I'm really banking on that service center. We've been driving by the Beck Rd location every few months and haven't really seen any movement. The place is supposed to open in June, but it's nearly April and it's still empty. The only thing that says "Rivian" is the building permit on the window. A few Rivian owners I've chatted with have all been told it will be open "any day now" and that is just not aligned with what I'm seeing. So with that in mind, how has your Western NY Rivian experience been? Would you still recommend taking delivery so far form a SC? Thanks in advance!
I just had my R1S serviced at the rented space in Rochester. Service was very good.

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1S
I picked my R1S up at the factory last May and enjoyed a leisurely ride back rather than getting it from an SC. Had mobile service from Rochester once and it worked out well, plus tech indicated they could bring the vehicle to their temporary location if more serious work was required.

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas
Is there actually a "temporary" service center in Rochester? I am in Ithaca and have a few issues on my R1S that need to be addressed but don't want to drive down to Brooklyn. Rivian's website still indicates the Brooklyn service center is the only one in New York.

James

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MDX, ACCORD
Occupation
There is a temporary site in Rochester. They also do mobile service.

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Is there actually a "temporary" service center in Rochester? I am in Ithaca and have a few issues on my R1S that need to be addressed but don't want to drive down to Brooklyn. Rivian's website still indicates the Brooklyn service center is the only one in New York.
Yes. Had my R1S serviced there last week.
Sponsored