Sponsored

Anybody been dealing with TPMS 24/7?

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
Well this is disappointing after just paying to have these installed yesterday. Guess I will pursue a chargeback and just keep running with non-functioning TPMS as before they were installed.
Update:

it appears i have one faulty sensor that is unable to be detected and my shop thinks this is why they can not get any of the sensors to register with the truck (even though they can get the other three to show up on their scanner). I guess i am gonna order an amazon replacement to try that and probably request a chargeback from TPMS for the faulty module as i am guessing there will be no response from tpms247 based on mine and everyone else's experience.
Sponsored

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
Looking around to replace the faulty sensor I got from TPMS247 and saw this on what appears to be their ebay shop.....
Rivian R1T R1S Anybody been dealing with TPMS 24/7? Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 8.25.24 AM

Appears the owner is away until March 2, so we may actually get a response to all of our queries after that. We shall see.....

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Best of luck, they were always responsive for me even in the beta testing phase.

OP
OP
joelster

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I have an update.

TPMS247 is no more. If you type in the url, you are redirected the shopsaverexpress.com. This is a website that belongs to John Dow industries, the distributor for the sensors and programming tools that TPMS247 was selling. I appears that he did indeed go out of business and John Dow took over his accounts. I called them and they first suggested that I try to reprogram my sensors at a Firestone shop as they use the programmers that talk to these Alpha sensor. That didn't work so they are now going to send me new sensors. I am still out a remounting to put these replacements in but at least there was finally some response.

GreenOptimist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I have an update.

TPMS247 is no more. If you type in the url, you are redirected the shopsaverexpress.com. This is a website that belongs to John Dow industries, the distributor for the sensors and programming tools that TPMS247 was selling. I appears that he did indeed go out of business and John Dow took over his accounts. I called them and they first suggested that I try to reprogram my sensors at a Firestone shop as they use the programmers that talk to these Alpha sensor. That didn't work so they are now going to send me new sensors. I am still out a remounting to put these replacements in but at least there was finally some response.
Thanks for sharing that update. Seemed like a good idea for a business so that’s too bad.

I ended up running mine all winter without sensors and while the truck constantly showed an error on the driver screen there wasn’t any annoying beeping etc. Might try to track down some sensors before put the winter tires back on next year.

OP
OP
joelster

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Thanks for sharing that update. Seemed like a good idea for a business so that’s too bad.

I ended up running mine all winter without sensors and while the truck constantly showed an error on the driver screen there wasn’t any annoying beeping etc. Might try to track down some sensors before put the winter tires back on next year.
I would suggest that anybody who got burned by TPMS247 should reach out to Shop Saver Express. They seem to be making good on support for those orders, at least they did for me.
Sponsored