Sponsored

Anyone mount an iKamper 3.0 to their R1S yet?

greatdane1588

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Model 3, CX-9
Curious if anyone has put an iKamper 3.0 on their R1S yet and 1) which roof rack/bars did you end up using and 2) do you have pictures? Bonus points if you attached an awning as well.

Thanks!
Sponsored

HarisonAltDelete

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I used custom rivian mounts from VanUltra for my Tepui, they worked great. Should fit any tent

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Rivian’s crossbars will work perfectly with the iKamper 3.0 mounting system. Same goes for the 2.0. They easily grip the crossbars. I’d post pictures but I bought the 2.0 instead. The only thing to note on the 3.0 is that you’ll need a hex key extension to tighten down the front crossbar mounts due to their proximity to the rear cab glass.

There are several videos on YouTube of the iKamper mounted on a Rivian. Just do a quick search.

OP
OP
greatdane1588

greatdane1588

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Model 3, CX-9
Rivian’s crossbars will work perfectly with the iKamper 3.0 mounting system. Same goes for the 2.0. They easily grip the crossbars. I’d post pictures but I bought the 2.0 instead. The only thing to note on the 3.0 is that you’ll need a hex key extension to tighten down the front crossbar mounts due to their proximity to the rear cab glass.

There are several videos on YouTube of the iKamper mounted on a Rivian. Just do a quick search.
Yeah I've seen several iKamper 3.0 minis mounted on RT1s on YouTube, but I haven't actually seen a 3.0 specifically (not the mini) on a R1S roof, either pictures or video. More just curious to see how big it looks on top. But good to hear mounting to the Rivian crossbars work fine.

LoneI2anger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
just chiming in on interest for this. practically everything out there including effect on range/examples are with the R1T. Definitely interested with one being mounted on an R1S with it adding over a foot to the height.
Sponsored

Last edited: