Sponsored

Anyone order a truck as early as FEB 2019 and still waiting....

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

@Atlrivian but it’s not unique to just Rivian. Ford is prioritizing some builds Of their Lightning, but they haven’t explicitly said what they are. To some degree, Rivian has been more informative as to what they are or more importantly not prioritizing such as Ocean Coast or max packs. I’m not thrilled about how they’ve handled the communication and it could be much better, but no auto manufacturing is coming out and explicitly saying what they can prioritize because the supply chain is ever changing right now. Chips are clearly short supply, right now it appears they’re going through a wheel shortage, obviously Ocean Coast is a mess. Next month supply for black mountain interiors could be low and prioritization could shift to forest green. Given a lead time in a truck to be ordered and into and out of production seems to be about 6-8 weeks, getting much more detailed in how they are batching could cause the opposite effect with people shifting their orders to get earlier then being missed when supplies for those prioritized orders can’t be met because of the shift.
Given their very odd allocation choices thus far, I have little faith in (what I consider) equitable (mostly based on preorder date) distribution going forward.

I totally understand what you are saying. But the argument for "logistics" doesn't change that people have gotten allocated a truck 3 days after they place an order. No one could argue this is good business practice.

SOMETHING needs to change to give the process at least the appearance of fairness to those people who had faith in Rivian before they sold their first product. A few weeks ago I thought that something would be the Shop. Now I've been disillusioned. It was a quick way to try and generate a little good will with long time reservation holders that I think has been poorly executed. Why even create the Shop at all if there aren't trucks available?
Sponsored

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

@MNLightning I 100% agree the earliest reservation holders should have a guide assigned by now. Then again, where do you draw the line at "early reservation holders"? Obviously, anyone that ordered within a year of their announcement I say, but there will always be people who want special treatment, but yes, communication could be better. I just think the overall production process is a mess and it's just exasperated given they are a start up company.
I don't think people want special treatment. Just equitable treatment. There are MANY stories on this forum of people getting passed over when their neighbor/friend/cousin with a much later preorder gets allocated a similar/same build truck. This does not represent a good system.

Maybe if they throw some of those billions at the problem they'll hit on a solution.
Rivian R1T R1S Anyone order a truck as early as FEB 2019 and still waiting.... IMT

OP
OP

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Phone call yesterday.

Consultant says 6-7 weeks.

hurricanejbr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Toyota Tacoma, Subaru Forester
I reserved 2/1/19, last delivery estimate was second half 2023. I've played around with colors a bit but am currently Limestone/FE. Have always been Adventure with Large pack. Appreciate the thoughts and venting on this thread.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I reserved 2/1/19, last delivery estimate was second half 2023. I've played around with colors a bit but am currently Limestone/FE. Have always been Adventure with Large pack. Appreciate the thoughts and venting on this thread.
Rivian has always stated that deliveries will be dependent on Service Center locations. Presumably, opening an SC in Hawaii is not a hogh priority.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
The FE is probably hosing you.

OP
OP

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
So...apparently my truck was "lost". I was told in JUN 2022 that it would be 6-7 weeks. The payment link disappeared and when I contacted my guide, it was thought to be a software "glitch". Subsequently, I have a banner on my Rivian page that now says "January - February 2023".

Who knows at this point. The hit or miss stuff definitely doesn't give one the warm and fuzzies.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
So...apparently my truck was "lost". I was told in JUN 2022 that it would be 6-7 weeks. The payment link disappeared and when I contacted my guide, it was thought to be a software "glitch". Subsequently, I have a banner on my Rivian page that now says "January - February 2023".

Who knows at this point. The hit or miss stuff definitely doesn't give one the warm and fuzzies.
Don't lose hope... my delivery window got moved just four days before it's opening day from Nov-Dec 2022 to Jan-Feb 2023. But, just over the last couple of days I've gotten several precursor emails from Rivian assigning a Guide, asking me to confirm/lock my config and another one preparing me for the "Digital purchase experience". So, all this makes me believe I will be receiving my "Jan-Feb 2023" truck in 2022. Point being.. Rivian is kicking ass trying to meet 2022 production numbers, if there's any way they can do it... they could still deliver your truck in 2022 (and hopefully it has four tires and a steering wheel 😁).

Birdowin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T / Tesla model S
Occupation
Retired from construction.
I ordered on 10/19 and got my truck in July. The shop has been up and running since then. I did have to make some compromises but am very happy with my truck. When you contact Rivian and ask to have access to the Shop then all you have to do is log on twice a day ( they go fast) and pick the truck that best fits your needs. I didn't get the under body shield or the 20" off road tires. I'm happy with the 21" road tires and the extra mileage they are just fine off road. Basically they end up with lots of orphaned trucks for one reason or another and put these on the Shop regularly.

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Rivian has always stated that deliveries will be dependent on Service Center locations. Presumably, opening an SC in Hawaii is not a hogh priority.
Being near a service center isn’t enough by itself. I’m less than 5 miles in a straight line from a service center, don’t have a window for my 2019 preorder, and saw -another- new R1T in my neighborhood yesterday

There are people local to me with delivery windows for their -second- Rivian, with the first ones already delivered.

The system is not working well

Sponsored

OP
OP

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Don't lose hope... my delivery window got moved just four days before it's opening day from Nov-Dec 2022 to Jan-Feb 2023. But, just over the last couple of days I've gotten several precursor emails from Rivian assigning a Guide, asking me to confirm/lock my config and another one preparing me for the "Digital purchase experience". So, all this makes me believe I will be receiving my "Jan-Feb 2023" truck in 2022. Point being.. Rivian is kicking ass trying to meet 2022 production numbers, if there's any way they can do it... they could still deliver your truck in 2022 (and hopefully it has four tires and a steering wheel 😁).
Seeing as is wasn't built when they say...how about they give me the Ocean Coast interior then?
Being near a service center isn’t enough by itself. I’m less than 5 miles in a straight line from a service center, don’t have a window for my 2019 preorder, and saw -another- new R1T in my neighborhood yesterday

There are people local to me with delivery windows for their -second- Rivian, with the first ones already delivered.

The system is not working well
Agreed. I was in the 7,000s on the pre-order list and my window is JAN-FEB 2023 now. After supposedly being ready before.

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

11/2018 preorder
I live less than 10 miles from the HQ, I have seen RJ while walking my dog, and have seen multiple neighbors with multiple vehicles (although I have spoken to a few, one of them was the engineer who made the headlights)
and yet I wait.
My only explanation is that I am TOO close and my data is hidden under the HQ (imagining they use a map and pins for preorder tracking)

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
11/2018 preorder
I live less than 10 miles from the HQ, I have seen RJ while walking my dog, and have seen multiple neighbors with multiple vehicles (although I have spoken to a few, one of them was the engineer who made the headlights)
and yet I wait.
My only explanation is that I am TOO close and my data is hidden under the HQ (imagining they use a map and pins for preorder tracking)
I like your theory

My hypothesis has been that they were determining the distance from house to the service center using the Rivian NAV developed in house, and it was routing me through Albuquerque and back so it looks like I’m 2000 miles away instead of 5.

One thing I learned from Tesla (I’ve had a Model S for eight years now) is that geography of ”flyover states” doesn’t seem to be an educational priority for many Californians.

hurricanejbr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Toyota Tacoma, Subaru Forester
I sent a semi-cranky email which, in apparent conjunction with changing my delivery address to CA, prompted guide assignment and I am told I am about 6-8 weeks out from delivery. I am going to bite the bullet and ship it to Honolulu, even without a service center.

All best to those continuing to wait.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Shipping to HI is a bold decision. When something goes wrong you will be SOL.
Sponsored