Sponsored

apcautospa

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan, Mitsubishi, Dodge
Clubs

APC Auto Spa is the official Ceramic Pro Seattle Auto Spa and has earned that designation by meeting expectations of both our customers and Ceramic Pro America. We carry the proper license and insurance should there be an issue and have loaner cars available for your use while your vehicle is with us. If you have any further questions or would like to get on the schedule, please do not hesitate to [email protected] or give us a call at 425-818-2820. Be sure to mention Rivian forums to get your discount! Our goal is to earn your trust and provide a 5-star experience and you will be reminded of the work each time you see your vehicle!

Rivian R1T R1S APC Auto Spa - detailing, ceramic coatings, paint protection film, and retail store! (Monroe, Washington) Rivian - APC - Large
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Great to see you all on the site, you all were great to work with! With Rivian's Xpel program offering a full front protection at $1,500 and full matte coverage for $4,500 do you have plans being cost competitive with those rates? I know at least a couple of shops that Xpel is referring out to for the program will do an upgraded clear xpel film that's a full coverage for marginally more than the $4,500.

OP
OP
apcautospa

apcautospa

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Thank you for trusting us with your Rivian and showing it off to the employees and customers as well! We do price match, but I am having a hard time seeing exactly what is included in the offer. I have seen what has been said on here, but there is conflicting opinion from another XPEL ambassador on Facebook. I reached out to the rep in our area and he didn't seem to be able to give an exact answer either. What is consistent is that it was meant to be a factory installed upgrade offered to customers when they purchase and they are just waiting for it to be in place if it isn't already. The factory will do it at a smaller coverage package at wholesale cost and we can't match that with our retail pricing packages. We can quote a custom package matching the pieces that they include, but we believe those leave some high impact areas exposed. Our shop will exceed the quality and customer service you will get from the factory install and we will be right here to address any questions or issues you may have after the installation as well. The manufacturer warranty on the factory installed film is half the warranty you get with STEK and STEK also has a proprietary HYDROphobe coating infused in the top layer that shields against water and chemical damage, giving it hydrophobic properties that make maintenance easier.

PNWRIV

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Thank you for trusting us with your Rivian and showing it off to the employees and customers as well! We do price match, but I am having a hard time seeing exactly what is included in the offer. I have seen what has been said on here, but there is conflicting opinion from another XPEL ambassador on Facebook. I reached out to the rep in our area and he didn't seem to be able to give an exact answer either. What is consistent is that it was meant to be a factory installed upgrade offered to customers when they purchase and they are just waiting for it to be in place if it isn't already. The factory will do it at a smaller coverage package at wholesale cost and we can't match that with our retail pricing packages. We can quote a custom package matching the pieces that they include, but we believe those leave some high impact areas exposed. Our shop will exceed the quality and customer service you will get from the factory install and we will be right here to address any questions or issues you may have after the installation as well. The manufacturer warranty on the factory installed film is half the warranty you get with STEK and STEK also has a proprietary HYDROphobe coating infused in the top layer that shields against water and chemical damage, giving it hydrophobic properties that make maintenance easier.
It seems like the factory option isn't up and running yet but Rivian and XPEL have partnerships with local shops to provide the service at the same price. A fair amount of shops don't offer the partnership due to the lower cost, lower warranty term, and non-covered/rolled edges (factory cut pieces). I'd be curious what price you guys could offer Rivian owners for a full front or a full truck package as I am contemplating doing PPF on my truck.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It seems like the factory option isn't up and running yet but Rivian and XPEL have partnerships with local shops to provide the service at the same price. A fair amount of shops don't offer the partnership due to the lower cost, lower warranty term, and non-covered/rolled edges (factory cut pieces). I'd be curious what price you guys could offer Rivian owners for a full front or a full truck package as I am contemplating doing PPF on my truck.
Correct. Some shops won't match the price and work with XPEL. There are several which XPEL refers out to who will match the cost quoted above with the XPEL templates. I know that at least a couple of the shops who have agreed to perform do the full PPF coverage for $4,500 in XPEL stealth will offer a clear PPF for a bit more. My understanding from talking to some shops and the what the XPEL representative on here has said is the new factory templates include wrapped edges where disassembly is not required. There's a good Q&A thread here from XPEL.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/xpel-rivian-factory-ppf-q-a-by-xpel.7103/

And here's an example of a truck wrapped with the templates.
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...ctory-ppf-q-a-by-xpel.7103/page-9#post-183704

Sponsored

OP
OP
apcautospa

apcautospa

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Full front coverage in Stek DYNOshield includes the hood, fenders, bumper, mirror caps, door edges, door cups, headlights, and fog lights and would be $2,200 for both the truck and the SUV. Members of this forum save 15% on our goods and services for a total price after discount is $1,870.

Full coverage in Stek DYNOshield for the truck is $7,300 ($6,460 after discount) and the SUV is $6,800 ($5,780 after discount).

We can customize packages and coverage based on what customers are wanting and needing as well. All our packages include a full decontamination wash and a single stage polish as is necessary.
Correct. Some shops won't match the price and work with XPEL. There are several which XPEL refers out to who will match the cost quoted above with the XPEL templates. I know that at least a couple of the shops who have agreed to perform do the full PPF coverage for $4,500 in XPEL stealth will offer a clear PPF for a bit more. My understanding from talking to some shops and the what the XPEL representative on here has said is the new factory templates include wrapped edges where disassembly is not required. There's a good Q&A thread here from XPEL.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/xpel-rivian-factory-ppf-q-a-by-xpel.7103/

And here's an example of a truck wrapped with the templates.
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...ctory-ppf-q-a-by-xpel.7103/page-9#post-183704
Coverage in Matte should be more expensive than coverage in gloss. Gloss film on gloss paint leaves room for a small tolerance in areas while still leaving the edge "invisible". Leaving any tolerance with Matte film will leave a glossy line easily seen from six feet away.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
STEK and STEK also has a proprietary HYDROphobe coating infused in the top layer that shields against water and chemical damage, giving it hydrophobic properties that make maintenance easier.
Can confirm it is very entertaining to watch the water bead up on the hood and slosh around.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Full coverage in Stek DYNOshield for the truck is $7,300 ($6,460 after discount) and the SUV is $6,800 ($5,780 after discount).
This peaked my curiosity. It seems to me that the SUV would take more material and labor than the truck. What makes it less expensive? Is it working around the bed?

Robotpedlr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivan R1S
Occupation
Sales
Had my Tesla Model S done here last year and our new R1S is in there now getting the Ceramic Pro Gold + Front PPF package... these guys always do an awesome job and have a great shop. Highly recommend...

Mark

OP
OP
apcautospa

apcautospa

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Had my Tesla Model S done here last year and our new R1S is in there now getting the Ceramic Pro Gold + Front PPF package... these guys always do an awesome job and have a great shop. Highly recommend...

Mark
Thanks! It's looking great already and it's not even done yet!
Sponsored