Sponsored

Are these commonly reported issues / problems still a thing?

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

While I know the threads still exist, I can't say I have seen them bubbling up to the top of the list recently so I wanted to get a "checkpoint" on some of the common issues that seemed to be "hot" for a week, or a month, or maybe several months, to get a gauge on just how common the still are...

Maybe this should be a poll? but for now I'm just asking for comments and of there are missing things I can amend this list, so are Rivian owners still "commonly" experiencing any of the following things:

• Ticking/Tocking at low speed start/stop
  • Underbody screws missing/falling out and/or underbody panels falling off
  • Freakishly "easy" glass breaks
  • Uneven suspension (passenger side lower/higher)
  • Wind noise/window seal gaps?
  • Alignment Issues?
  • What else?
I didn't include tonneau covers as those have just been eliminated entirely for new vehicles.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tg_cid

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3
Occupation
Blademaster
Did a First Mile drive in August and picked up in January…
1. Noticed the tocks on the FMD. Not present on my Truck.
2. Nothing on either FMD or Jan release truck.
3. Nothing broken (yet?)
4. Had some software/UI glitches and inconsistencies with seat movement. PAAK picks up weirdly sometimes, especially at home. But i’d put those all at relatively low priority.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Only can speak for myself:

• Ticking/Tocking at low speed start/stop: I have not noticed this
  • Underbody screws missing/falling out and/or underbody panels falling off: Not so far
  • Freakishly "easy" glass breaks: Roof? It is Polycarbonate on mine. Not sure when that happened. No front window rock cracks yet...But this is New Mexico and I think the state flag is changing to a broken window design to honor it as our official symbol.
  • What else? I don't know. only 1200 miles in. No issues. One soft reboot as radio was flakey. I haven't had an OTA update, so waiting on that to see if any issues. Only real issue for me is I want a freaking cover for the back :)

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T

• Underbody screws missing/falling out and/or underbody panels falling off: Not so far
  • Freakishly "easy" glass breaks: Roof? It is Polycarbonate on mine. Not sure when that happened. No front window rock cracks yet...But this is New Mexico and I think the state flag is changing to a broken window design to honor it as our official symbol.
  • What else? I don't know. only 1200 miles in. No issues. One soft reboot as radio was flakey. I haven't had an OTA update, so waiting on that to see if any issues. Only real issue for me is I want a freaking cover for the back :)
Really the roof/glass is polycarbonate!? Interesting. Wonder how this will affect noise, heat, etc vs glass.

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired

Add all the frustrations with PAAK not working reliably to the list, and I think doing a poll would be a great idea.

Sponsored

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Really the roof/glass is polycarbonate!? Interesting. Wonder how this will affect noise, heat, etc vs glass.
I actually didn't notice it...I had my driver and passenger's window tinted and the tint guy noticed it. Tap it with your knuckles...plastic sounding vs glass.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I actually didn't notice it...I had my driver and passenger's window tinted and the tint guy noticed it. Tap it with your knuckles...plastic sounding vs glass.
I wonder if this would resolve any concerns with tinting and potentially cracking the glass as a result. Guessing it’s a safe bet to do without issue.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
So far Phone as key has been fine. A couple of times I get to the car and wait a second, but it's always opened the doors...so far.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
I wonder if this would resolve any concerns with tinting and potentially cracking the glass as a result. Guessing it’s a safe bet to do without issue.
I think so. We will see this summer how it does. It seems a good amount of internal tint. Window guy says you can't add tint to plastic, so I hope it's good to go.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
of the common issues, my biggest complaint is the ping-ponging as the lane monitor thinks crack repairs, lines of snow, and gravel are white or yellow lines.

Sponsored

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
of the common issues, my biggest complaint is the ping-ponging as the lane monitor thinks crack repairs, lines of snow, and gravel are white or yellow lines.
Ha, my bigger issue is the front brake warning nanny. Yes, dear, I see the car that is way too close because they zipped in front of me without a blinker or warning. No, dear, I don't want to brake right away, I would like the little shit to see me 4 inches from ramming his nice BMW for a moment or two and then I will brake.

schwartz83

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Manager
The low speed ticking/tocking went away for me with winter temperatures in Minnesota. I expect it to come back when it warms up, but would love to be wrong.

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
Ha, my bigger issue is the front brake warning nanny. Yes, dear, I see the car that is way too close because they zipped in front of me without a blinker or warning. No, dear, I don't want to brake right away, I would like the little shit to see me 4 inches from ramming his nice BMW for a moment or two and then I will brake.
I have to admit that I do like blasting past the, "you know they are going to do stupid stuff" folks when they think they have a high performance car and try to squeeze in front of me. I really need to stop that. I'm sure I'm going to get myself in trouble someday.

OP
OP
RexRemus

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

The low speed ticking/tocking went away for me with winter temperatures in Minnesota. I expect it to come back when it warms up, but would love to be wrong.
I was genuinely wondering if there would be a trend of colder climes seeing/not seeing issues that warmer climes still had and how the seasons affect things.

OP
OP
RexRemus

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

The roof glass change is interesting... Did not expect that! Can any other newer VINs confirm this? What about R1Ss? Seeing as how they have even more "glass" on the top surface, I'm curious
Sponsored