Sponsored

Best configuration for fastest delivery?

sickhews

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback
Good point.

I would only add that 21” wheels and power tonneau were choices I made after I was assigned a guide. They were compromises made in the cause of getting the truck sooner.

Out of curiosity, where are you located?
I’m in NC, near Charlotte. We’ve had several deliveries out this way already, so not sure why my particular situation is different lol.
Sponsored

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
Does anyone know if they'd actually hold an order for having a spare selected.... I can wait for it..

OP
OP
nguyenfamilyrivian
First Name
nikkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
chevy silverado, honda pilot touring
Does anyone know if they'd actually hold an order for having a spare selected.... I can wait for it..
Probably not, a spare is what they should have in supply for sell and is not a production only thing, its likely that they will have it at most or every service centers so I would say just remove it off your preorder.

OP
OP
nguyenfamilyrivian
First Name
nikkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is my exact config and I’ve had a guide for 2+ months without a VIN or 8-steps. Just commenting so folks don’t get their hopes up and change to this config thinking it’ll make a difference.
Yupp, ordered around 1.5 months after you with the same configuration except the underbody shield, I think I should have a guide by now I guess I dont. This config will not make any difference

OP
OP
nguyenfamilyrivian
First Name
nikkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m in NC, near Charlotte. We’ve had several deliveries out this way already, so not sure why my particular situation is different lol.
Ordered 1.5 months after you same config except the shield, I'm from Socal and still haven't gotten a guide yet unfortunately.

Sponsored

sickhews

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback
Ordered 1.5 months after you same config except the shield, I'm from Socal and still haven't gotten a guide yet unfortunately.
I bet you’ll have better luck than me, being in Socal.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I’d really like to change my truck order to remove any tonneau cover, or at least go to the manual cover. But I’m concerned making any change there will actually delay my delivery beyond this year. I’ve also got the 20” ATs and underbody skid plates. I need those so I’m staying with them.

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
Probably not, a spare is what they should have in supply for sell and is not a production only thing, its likely that they will have it at most or every service centers so I would say just remove it off your preorder.
I was hoping for some testimony from someone who has a bit of personal experience with it. Rivian has, shall we say been a little 'counterintuitive' to this point.

For people who originally optioned a spare wheel: Have you taken delivery of the car with the spare? Or were you asked when you had a guide contact if you could go without it for a while or told it was unavailable?

Just trying to sort out if something as silly as optioning a spare tire has actually prevented anyone from getting the guide contact in the case where they weren't available. I'd much rather just be asked if I can wait for it or something.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
I got a VIN recently with a spare on my original reservation. 21”

FWIW, the SC delivery scheduler could not confirm the vehicle in their possession had a spare and said if it didn’t they would still deliver it and ship the spare later if they didn’t have it.

Just trying to sort out if something as silly as optioning a spare tire has actually prevented anyone from getting the guide contact in the case where they weren't available. I'd much rather just be asked if I can wait for it or something.

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I have a full size spare selected too. Should I remove it from my order? Will this guarantee express (2 week) delivery?

I’m kidding about the express delivery, but It would be nice.

Sponsored

Sheldor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Any updates that anyone knows of? Which configurations are getting this most recent invite?

André

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes Sprinter, Tesla Model Y Long Range
Occupation
Finances
Any updates that anyone knows of? Which configurations are getting this most recent invite?
The best configuration is to have no configuration fixed at the post March 2021 price hike…

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
Based on the R1S shop that I have access to, launch green with BM is the most popular combination that is ready to deliver.
Sponsored