Sponsored

Best Way to Contact Rivian?

4tangledkites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
After multiple useless chats with CS, I'm wondering if anyone has had any better luck or at least better responses from email or phone? This is regarding an order/delivery window.

Useless rant below...

Yeah I know, many folks are in the same boat as far as delays. I' m trying to push this because mine seems so insane. R1T, standard config like they have been delivering for a year. Centralized location (1 SC within 200miles open, 2 more "coming soon", one within 75miles). My October estimate was Dec-Jan. My whole family was super excited and so pumped to get the R1T. As January passed I just assumed a small 1-2month delay. Nope, utter disappointment. New window is Jan-June 2024...12-18 months additional.

I've read all the speculation (focus on dual motor, R1S, service center locations, non EV friendly states, etc) as to why the major changes in delivery windows, but at the end of the day I reserved the model they were building extensively in 2022 and they seemed to be ready to delivery in early 2023. Regardless of the reason, this is screwing the customer.

Trying one last push at Rivian to get a response other than "we will update again in April". This is part of my acceptance that this is not a vehicle that will every be in my garage. I'm also an investor, and I'm not to excited about that either now (too many small things leading to a negative outlook).

After I fail to get a response, I will hold onto the order and track it as a game. I except April will come with a sooner delivery date just to tease me and get my hopes up (again). Then the July update will push the roller coaster the other way.
Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I guarantee this is based on your location. If your nearest service center is 200 miles away, they clearly pushed you due to that. Perhaps you can take on a virtual address or an address of a family member until you take delivery?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
There really is no one “standard configuration”. If you share what yours actually is, has been, people might be able to help identify a possible reason for the delay. My guess is location. Did you change your configuration at all? Do you have a guide. If your last window was Dec/ Jan that should have happened as well.

OP
OP

4tangledkites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
There really is no one “standard configuration”. If you share what yours actually is, has been, people might be able to help identify a possible reason for the delay. My guess is location. Did you change your configuration at all? Do you have a guide. If your last window was Dec/ Jan that should have happened as well.
R1T, adventure, quad motor, limestone, OC+DA, 21" wheels, manual cover. Never got a guide assigned. Contacted CS a few times in early January trying to find out why I didn't have a guide...they said I should be contacted soon. No config changes since Oct.

I agree its the location, I just don't buy the massive delay. I've considered switching to my in-laws address in Chicago, but I'm scared to change anything. Any benefit to changing address now? Would that be helpful over doing it just prior to the "lock date" before the April update?

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
I guarantee this is based on your location. If your nearest service center is 200 miles away, they clearly pushed you due to that. Perhaps you can take on a virtual address or an address of a family member until you take delivery?

And then pay to ship his vehicle 400 miles round trip when service is needed?

Sponsored

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
R1T, adventure, quad motor, limestone, OC+DA, 21" wheels, manual cover. Never got a guide assigned. Contacted CS a few times in early January trying to find out why I didn't have a guide...they said I should be contacted soon. No config changes since Oct.

I agree its the location, I just don't buy the massive delay. I've considered switching to my in-laws address in Chicago, but I'm scared to change anything. Any benefit to changing address now? Would that be helpful over doing it just prior to the "lock date" before the April update?
You don't want to own a Rivian in Lexington KY. You can't get it serviced.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
He's trying to take delivery on his vehicle as fast as he can. The issue is the service location, for sure. It's up the OP/buyer if he wants to deal with having service infrastructure 200 miles away. Thats his choice and on Rivian until they build out the network. This post was centered on taking delivery as fast as possible...

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
What was your reservation date?

But yes, location is the likely culprit.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I find reaching out via email, calmly, will tend to get you a more detailed thorough review of what's happening. In chat, they tend to give more generic, rapid fire answers.

Altering to your in laws address may get you the truck sooner, but would be painful if some issue crops up. A 200 mile drive for a repair wouldn't be ideal, and I think is what Rivian is attempting to minimize.

If it helps, my delivery estimate reflected the same January-June '24 despite being assigned a guide, and also being told I was within 8 weeks of taking delivery both the day prior, and day after the refreshed estimate.

Good luckđź‘Ť

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Normally I would say don’t change your address, but now they have pushed your window out so far that I doubt doing so would make it any worse. I think it’s more important for you to consider the reality of being that far from a service center right now. It’s good they do have a couple planned nearby, but that is quite a distance if you need service. Others have done it - just be aware of the potential issues.

If I were you I would change your address and see what happens. If you decide not to do that I would keep working on CS to assign you a guide. The guide can get you shop access. That is the best bet for anyone living farther away from a SC.

Sponsored

OP
OP

4tangledkites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
You don't want to own a Rivian in Lexington KY. You can't get it serviced.
Early adopter, I get it. I knew the situation when I ordered. There will never be a service center in Lexington, just like there won't be a Tesla service center (and that hasn't stopped the 100's if not 1000's of Tesla's in town). There will be a SC in Cincinnati "soon". And I shouldn't need much of any service, its an EV. Quality / manufacturing issues...thats on Rivian. I also don't see much difference in 75 miles from a SC to 200miles. Both are major problems if I have to leave the car. For a day service, not a concern.

What was your reservation date?
January 2022. So yeah I get that my original estimate was fortunate. I had expected 2Q23.
I find reaching out via email, calmly, will tend to get you a more detailed thorough review of what's happening. In chat, they tend to give more generic, rapid fire answers.

Altering to your in laws address may get you the truck sooner, but would be painful if some issue crops up. A 200 mile drive for a repair wouldn't be ideal, and I think is what Rivian is attempting to minimize.

If it helps, my delivery estimate reflected the same January-June '24 despite being assigned a guide, and also being told I was within 8 weeks of taking delivery both the day prior, and day after the refreshed estimate.

Good luckđź‘Ť
Thank you, that's what I was wondering. Part of me just wants to vent at Rivian, and honestly, they need the feedback. Your situation looks worse than mine, and sadly that does make me feel better!

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
can rivian actually sell you a car to an address where it will not be registered?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

And I shouldn't need much of any service, its an EV. Quality / manufacturing issues...thats on Rivian.
You just made two conflicting statements here. Unless you are willing to eat the cost and figure out how to get your truck into service when it's not actually undriveable, and to pick the vehicle back up after it's fixed, It's probably best to wait it out.

OP
OP

4tangledkites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
You just made two conflicting statements here. Unless you are willing to eat the cost and figure out how to get your truck into service when it's not actually undriveable, and to pick the vehicle back up after it's fixed, It's probably best to wait it out.
Poor wording maybe. My point was for routine service, I can manage the distance and travel. If the car isn't drivable, and its under warranty Rivian will have to manage that. My understanding (maybe I'm wrong), that's the 200 mile radius. Beyond that would be on me.

Looks like the Cincinnati SC is delayed. If its delayed a year or so, I should be fine. Chances of major issues aren't that high, despite what is on these forums. Small issues I can manage.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Poor wording maybe. My point was for routine service, I can manage the distance and travel. If the car isn't drivable, and its under warranty Rivian will have to manage that. My understanding (maybe I'm wrong), that's the 200 mile radius. Beyond that would be on me.

Looks like the Cincinnati SC is delayed. If its delayed a year or so, I should be fine. Chances of major issues aren't that high, despite what is on these forums. Small issues I can manage.
They've picked my vehicle up when it wasn't safe to drive but wouldn't arrange dropping it back off at my house, we had to go pick it up. I think Rivian really is saving people a lot of hassle by limiting their customer distance from the service centers. They haven't rolled it out as a "white glove service" and I think a lot of people mistakenly expected it to be that after a lot of the early reviews about how accommodating service was.
Sponsored