Sponsored

Best way to secure a storage box to Rivian crossbars?

ansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS / T120 Black Scrambler
I have a Roam 95L from a past life that I'd like to secure to my stock bars but trying to figure out a way to do it.

Right now also have a Yakima SkinnyWarrior on the bars so placing the Roam on one side would be great. Obviously dont want to mount it in the Yakima and waste the space, so i'm looking for a good way to get it onto the bars above the bed alongside the Yakima.

Wondering if this is going to be a drilling operation with silicone and T-Track bolts or does anyone have any other ideas?

Opinions greatly appreciated.
Trying to avoid having to buy any more boxes etc and work with what I have in house already.
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Mounting my kayak rack from a previous vehicle, T-track bolts worked great. As kayak season comes closer, I've ordered these for a better fitment.

https://a.co/d/iPUCz7E

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

These bolts are super burly and have locking nuts.
https://www.etrailer.com/p-Y8880184.html
I just back them off a little and slide out of the crossbar while still attached to the item I am removing from the crossbar. When remounting I slide them into the track on the crossbar and retighten. No need to remove completely from the stuff I mount on the crossbars.

GeezFullSleeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Clubs

I have to give these a shot. I never thought of leaving them attached and just sliding them into and out of the crossbars. Clever!

OP
OP
ansky

ansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS / T120 Black Scrambler