Sponsored

Best way to sell my coming R1T Launch Edition?

MGS

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Hello folks!
I'm new here.

Wander if someone may have an advice regarding the best way or best web site to sell my coming R1T Launch Edition which hasn't been delivered yet.

Very much appreciate shared thoughts and comments.
-MGS
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Just have realistic expectations about how much it will sell for. Prices now aren’t like they were 6 months ago.

OP
OP

MGS

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
My expectations are very reasonable, if not humble.
However, there's has to be some fair price to cutting down on waiting queue.
I am just trying to figure out the way to sell.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Ebay, Cars and Bids, Bring a trailer, craigslist??, Autotrader

Do your research there isn't one right answer that would work for everyone. You should be able to find a buyer very easy if you list at a fair price on any of those platforms.

Last edited:

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Dumb question but why not just cancel your order if you don't want it? Someone still trying to flip and make a profit? 🤷🤔

Personally I'd cancel if you don't want it, then maybe someone else who's been patiently waiting for years can get theirs a little bit sooner...

Sponsored

First Name
mfa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, 488, Model X, Honda Clarity, 911, Jeep
I'm about to sell my Launch edition (about 4000 miles, clear bra front bumper/hood). Is 110k a reasonable price?

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

I'm about to sell my Launch edition (about 4000 miles, clear bra front bumper/hood). Is 110k a reasonable price?
Not any more. Not with actual miles on it.
Rivian R1T R1S Best way to sell my coming R1T Launch Edition? 1663697359186

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

If you list on the sponsor here, Findmyelectric.com, and pay $49 for the "featured" listing, the site owner will give you a really good price analysis and recommend what I found to be a very accurate selling price range. He was dead on with the price I got for my old 2012 Signature Tesla Model S I sold last month.

RE: the R1T, he wrote the following to me on 8/14/2022. I'm sure the market has corrected even more since then:

"Take Rivian R1T for example—we’re just starting to see real, hard corrections there, and it’s taking some time for seller expectations (and buyers too) to catch up.

All the people willing (and able to) to pay $120k - $130k (which is $30k-ish over MSRP) for an R1T just to have one, have already done so. So now, a realistic number is in the $105k - $112k range. Still over MSRP, for sure, but not so crazy. And for people looking to flip them who live in a state that charges sales tax on vehicles, well, the margin is definitely getting smaller."

Honestly, his price analysis was really worth the $49 featured listing fee in my experience. He's very knowledgeable.

Sponsored

First Name
mfa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, 488, Model X, Honda Clarity, 911, Jeep
If you list on the sponsor here, Findmyelectric.com, and pay $49 for the "featured" listing, the site owner will give you a really good price analysis and recommend what I found to be a very accurate selling price range. He was dead on with the price I got for my old 2012 Signature Tesla Model S I sold last month.

RE: the R1T, he wrote the following to me on 8/14/2022. I'm sure the market has corrected even more since then:

"Take Rivian R1T for example—we’re just starting to see real, hard corrections there, and it’s taking some time for seller expectations (and buyers too) to catch up.

All the people willing (and able to) to pay $120k - $130k (which is $30k-ish over MSRP) for an R1T just to have one, have already done so. So now, a realistic number is in the $105k - $112k range. Still over MSRP, for sure, but not so crazy. And for people looking to flip them who live in a state that charges sales tax on vehicles, well, the margin is definitely getting smaller."

Honestly, his price analysis was really worth the $49 featured listing fee in my experience. He's very knowledgeable.
THanks, this is helpful. JJSWAN- your comments are not helpful. There is a big difference between asking price and what people are actually getting.
I'll keep the wrap just in case someone wants it, otherwise it is easy to take off.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I'm about to sell my Launch edition (about 4000 miles, clear bra front bumper/hood).
Can you share why you want to sell it so s00n?

Like everyone else, you probably waited a long time for the truck.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

THanks, this is helpful. JJSWAN- your comments are not helpful. There is a big difference between asking price and what people are actually getting.
I'll keep the wrap just in case someone wants it, otherwise it is easy to take off.
I wasn’t trying to be mean, a lot of sarcasm in online forums so it was a legit question. Just saying do some research. If people are asking $100k with less miles and not selling I doubt you would get $110k. But if you want $110 then go ahead and try, I wish you luck.

Keep in mind supply is increasing so resale prices will continue to fall probably into the 90-100k range for new trucks.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I think $100k asking price is still fair. Be willing to take 5 - 10% less. Definitely not worth my time flipping for a few thousand. Drive the hell out of it for a year, then sell at break even, before next year's registration is due.