Sponsored

Best way to sell my coming R1T Launch Edition?

ATL_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Adventure
Clubs

I'll keep the wrap just in case someone wants it, otherwise it is easy to take off.
Just saw it on Reddit. Yikes. At least it's priced closer to reality given all of the cosmetic choices. GLWS!
Sponsored

Timo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 cummins | 1994 FZJ80 | 2021 Bolt
I guess it’s all relative but seems like a lot of hassle for such little coin…
I know money is relative, but let's do some math here.

$73,000 My purchase price for LE Launch Green with OC
$7,500 tax credit
$65,500 landed cost (without tax/reg, since that's based on location)

Current pricing is $87,000 Base price of a Quad Motor Large pack in Silver or $96,250 configured as mine is (but with Limestone since Launch Green is NLA.)

so...

$21,500 on the low end (less TT&L) so in my case in SoCal about $13,000 cleared or $30,750 as configured (less TT&L) clearing $22,750.

Yes, there will be capital gains at your tax bracket rate. However, you're still looking at clearing a minimum of 63% of the above numbers assuming you're in the highest tax bracket making $523k or more a year as a single or $625k married. For this exercise let's assume you're in the middle of the range at 24% making $164k or less single or $329k married.

At 37% capital gains, $8,190 at bottom end or $14,332 as configured.

At 24% capital gains, $9,880 at bottom end or $17,290 as configured.

People might not be paying the exorbitant prices they were 6 months ago, but they're still willing to pay MSRP on a new one to jump the line. Listing on CarsandBids.com is free, so there's no heavy lifting involved.

TXR1SMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 G63 AMG, 2020 X3M Competition
Occupation
Physician

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
"1 of 1. I know what I got. No lowball offers"
What they have got there is a monstrosity. All the frankly ghastly additions (IMHO) are costing the seller money. Some potential buyers may know that it can all be reversed but certainly won't be willing to pay a premium price for something that requires work. Other potential buyers may think what is done is done and simply move along to something that has not been bastardized.

Sponsored

FrankieJ

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and Mercedes GLE 53 AMG
Dumb question but why not just cancel your order if you don't want it? Someone still trying to flip and make a profit? 🤷🤔

Personally I'd cancel if you don't want it, then maybe someone else who's been patiently waiting for years can get theirs a little bit sooner...
I couldn’t agree more. Those that are out for a quick buck should be banded from the forum along with a few of the Tesla owners that can’t help but bad mouth the Rivian.

FrankieJ

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and Mercedes GLE 53 AMG
I know money is relative, but let's do some math here.

$73,000 My purchase price for LE Launch Green with OC
$7,500 tax credit
$65,500 landed cost (without tax/reg, since that's based on location)

Current pricing is $87,000 Base price of a Quad Motor Large pack in Silver or $96,250 configured as mine is (but with Limestone since Launch Green is NLA.)

so...

$21,500 on the low end (less TT&L) so in my case in SoCal about $13,000 cleared or $30,750 as configured (less TT&L) clearing $22,750.

Yes, there will be capital gains at your tax bracket rate. However, you're still looking at clearing a minimum of 63% of the above numbers assuming you're in the highest tax bracket making $523k or more a year as a single or $625k married. For this exercise let's assume you're in the middle of the range at 24% making $164k or less single or $329k married.

At 37% capital gains, $8,190 at bottom end or $14,332 as configured.

At 24% capital gains, $9,880 at bottom end or $17,290 as configured.

People might not be paying the exorbitant prices they were 6 months ago, but they're still willing to pay MSRP on a new one to jump the line. Listing on CarsandBids.com is free, so there's no heavy lifting involved.
Save your math for somebody that cares.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I'm about to sell my Launch edition (about 4000 miles, clear bra front bumper/hood). Is 110k a reasonable price?
no. based on recent sales, at best it's likely $99k without that wrap. I think you'll have a harder time selling it with that wrap. I'd remove it, take some fancy photos and then sell it.

Sponsored

Timo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 cummins | 1994 FZJ80 | 2021 Bolt
By the way- nothing insightful about the post- 3rd grade math.
I have 2 teenagers. Neither has a clue about capital gains.

I get that you don't like that some people want to sell their trucks while you don't have one. However, for some people life circumstances have radically changed since they put their orders in.

I don't blame anyone who needs or wants to sell their vehicle. It's theirs to sell. My 3rd grade math was just to refute the claim that $10-$17k cleared was "so little coin." For some it might not be, but if someone offered me $17k to wait another year I'd be hard pressed to turn it down. I've been waiting a long time already.

jphillips97

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
No. Just wish those interested in selling their preorders would keep it to themselves.
Still not cool to be rude to someone choosing to participate in a discussion on a discussion board.... If you do not tell him what to do with his property, I bet he will not tell you what to do with yours....

Last edited:

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
Still not cool to be rude to someone choosing to participate in a discussion on a discussion board.... If you do not tell him what to do with his property, I bet he will not tell you what to do with yours....
@fferazzi was not rude. He was correct to point out the pumpous-ass' math was presumptuous in his opinion and i tend to agree.

jphillips97

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
@fferazzi was not rude. He was correct to point out the pumpous-ass' math was presumptuous in his opinion and i tend to agree.
I saw nothing "pompous-ass" about the math.... He just worked through some logic to be seemingly transparent.... What was presumptuous? The guys was just showing what he believes is reasonable.... If you do not want to see cars being sold, do not click on a thread about cars being sold
Sponsored