Sponsored

Best way to sell my coming R1T Launch Edition?

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I don't blame anyone who needs or wants to sell their vehicle. It's theirs to sell.
The difference here is the OP doesn't have the vehicle yet, it is still in pre-order status. If he isn't comfortable/ready to take delivery because of financial matters (for example), then he should cancel the order.

Yes once he has the vehicle, he is free to do whatever he wants. Keep it, sell it for $50K over market, or drive it off a cliff.

Remember Rivian has the option to cancel your order if they determine your intention is to sell it. Seems like this is the case. OP's intention is to sell it upon delivery. It is in pre-order status. Don't want the vehicle? Cancel the preorder.
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Yeah I think it's a little dishonest to sell something that you know the company is losing money on trying to do right by its pre holders and honoring an unsustainable price. Rivian should be the ones making the money on that truck by selling it to someone for their new price. With that said no one has to buy a used one and if you don't like resellers don't buy one third party and wait for your turn from Rivian.

I won't be selling mine barring some major unforeseen event or if my needs change in a huge way.

zigzagzap

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maserati QP, Porsche GTS, BMW X5, R1S
Occupation
Financial