Sponsored

Best Weather Proof All Weather Floor Mats?

Deleted member 8731

I've seen a few posts on preferred all weather mats for the R1T. While it seems the stock edition isn't really a big hit, that isn't going to be a problem for me since they are OOS. Winter is coming! I like what weather tech does, but I can't get past the oversized logo. I talked to Husky, and they said they are about 10 weeks out from production specific to the R1T layout. Does anyone have experience with Dickies brand? Is anyone absolutely in love with an after market option at this point?
Sponsored

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
I've seen a few posts on preferred all weather mats for the R1T. While it seems the stock edition isn't really a big hit, that isn't going to be a problem for me since they are OOS. Winter is coming! I like what weather tech does, but I can't get past the oversized logo. I talked to Husky, and they said they are about 10 weeks out from production specific to the R1T layout. Does anyone have experience with Dickies brand? Is anyone absolutely in love with an after market option at this point?
In my other EV, Kia Niro, I have Tuxmat. These are great, but don't think they have Rivian yet.

Reactions: KRo

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I’ve tried others but always end up with Weathertech again. From my experience they usually have the best fit, most coverage, are easy enough to clean, and are made in the US.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
If your near them, you could work with the Tuxmat folks...at one time they said they would provide a free set to the person bringing an R1T to them to scan:

"Thank you for your interest in TuxMat. We're interested in producing mats for the Rivian R1T, although we're still on the lookout for a Toronto-area vehicle to scan to start the development process. If you know anyone in our area with an R1T, please send them our way. We'd love to see our mats in these trucks sooner rather than later."

TuxMat | The Ultimate Car Mat With Max Coverage

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
If your near them, you could work with the Tuxmat folks...at one time they said they would provide a free set to the person bringing an R1T to them to scan:

"Thank you for your interest in TuxMat. We're interested in producing mats for the Rivian R1T, although we're still on the lookout for a Toronto-area vehicle to scan to start the development process. If you know anyone in our area with an R1T, please send them our way. We'd love to see our mats in these trucks sooner rather than later."

TuxMat | The Ultimate Car Mat With Max Coverage
I might have to take the drive. Winter is coming and I'm running out of options.

@COdogman did Weathertech have one? I didn't see any on their website.

I've had weather tech for years, my 2nd choice would be the 3D Maxpider mats, but they need someone in the LA area to scan as well.

The chilewich mats are not good enough for the cold and wet. I darn near did a split this afternoon getting out after they were wet.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I might have to take the drive. Winter is coming and I'm running out of options.

I've had weather tech for years, my 2nd choice would be the 3D Maxpider mats, but they need someone in the LA area to scan as well.

The chilewich mats are not good enough for the cold and wet. I darn near did a split this afternoon getting out after they were wet.
I don’t have my R1T yet but I remember someone here on the forum months ago saying they had reached out to WT support and they did confirm products for Rivian were planned. I think the hurdle at the time was simply getting access to a Rivian to do their scans. Might be worth asking them again in case they are close.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I don’t have my R1T yet but I remember someone here on the forum months ago saying they had reached out to WT support and they did confirm products for Rivian were planned. I think the hurdle at the time was simply getting access to a Rivian to do their scans. Might be worth asking them again in case they are close.
I’ve contacted about half a dozen and they all seem to say the same thing.

Does anyone know of companies in the northeast? I would gladly bring my truck in for a scan but so far it seems LA, KS, GA…

Sponsored

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired

Give the tuxmat folks a call before you go...just in case

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
These are my favorite all weather mats. They are designed to send the liquid out the door, where Weathertechs turn into a lake. If you try to lift the mat out with the liquid in a WT, you usually spill, when you get caught under the seat or steering wheel.
That is very true. There is a period in Jan-Feb where mine basically have melted slush in them for weeks at a time because I’m afraid to try to move them :giggle: