Sponsored

BMW recalls nearly all iX vehicles. Where’s the media outrage?

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
They should all be recalled for the beaver-inspired grill design. Horrendous.

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
It's a minor recall that requires a simple software update, eta 1 hour at dealership. Why would that prompt outrage? Less than 1% of the recalled cars have shown the issue, which resolves itself by restarting the car.

The fire risk recall was much more severe but also a very small number of cars even recalled.

I've also inspected 3 different iXs and all 3 had exceptional build quality with zero QC issues we've seen on Rivians. My own R1S had a boatload of cosmetic issues. The iX is ugly but it's still built really well.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Owners should be outraged that the simple software update can't just be delivered as an OTA patch. Seriously, this is really sad. Also about what I'd expect from one of the companies trying to make remote start and heated seats a subscription service.

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
It's a minor recall that requires a simple software update, eta 1 hour at dealership. Why would that prompt outrage? Less than 1% of the recalled cars have shown the issue, which resolves itself by restarting the car.

The fire risk recall was much more severe but also a very small number of cars even recalled.

I've also inspected 3 different iXs and all 3 had exceptional build quality with zero QC issues we've seen on Rivians. My own R1S had a boatload of cosmetic issues. The iX is ugly but it's still built really well.
The point is that the media reaction function is skewed. Rivian’s recall for a screw, which affected significantly fewer than 1% of cars, made it sound like Rivian was a disaster

Last edited:

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Unheard of!

Has their stock tanked and Jim Cramer shat himself yet?

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Yeah, this recall is not a big deal. Neither was the Rivian recall.

2025R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
I see this quite a bit. Unless a legacy manufacturer has a big issue like GM did with the Bolt, they kinda brush it off. But if a EV brand has an issue with funding or defect, it is front page news.
Sponsored

Last edited: