Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Design looks similar to the modded R1T turned open air safari vehicle in Africa.

Rivian R1T R1S Bull bars installed on 2 Rivians at Denver Service Center IMG_2729
Sponsored

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
Most people who would buy this will never drive through brush either. Just like how most people who purchase a jeep/rangerover/hummer will never drive them on anything as rugged as a gravel driveway. It is all about looking like you are adventurous, actually being useful is not important for most customers.
They are there to protect the ceramic coating, protecting the PPF, protecting the clear coat, protecting the paint 😉

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
would look better on the CT

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Huh. Clamped to the tow hooks? That's an interesting solution. Different than the Kenya vehicles, or whatever those were posted a while back. Looks temporary. Maybe a test fit? Would think they'd want additional mount/brace points slightly higher up.

Edit: Some of y'all have never driven through brush and it shows. 😉
My guess is these are mock-ups to test impact to range and visibility at night due to headlight obstructions. I’d had to think any OEM would use this as a permanent mounting solution for a brush guard.

Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

The first time I visited Australia, noticed lots of cars (sedans, mind you) with these things on. It appears that hitting roos are problematic outside of cities. Fairly large number of vehicles had them (I'm sure it was in single digit percentage of vehicles but enough that I noticed it).

I drove from Sydney to Brisbane (~550 miles) inland and noticed some roos in the wild and signs cautioning the drivers danger of hitting them on the regular basis along the road.
If I recall correctly a lot of rental companies restrict night time driving outside of town centers to avoid those accidents. Luckily no near misses there.

But yeah, definitely some valid use cases for these bars, once they work out an actual mounting case.
I've always said I'll buy into Tesla FSD when it covers deer strikes 😅 My dad went through two deer, each with a different Model S.

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Past Ford Exped; curr TMX 100D; future BEV truck
Occupation
sw engineer

GHuff

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Clubs

oof this looks terrible imo. the Rivian really deserves a more stealth look.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

mgraziano1975

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escalade, 530e, '66 442,' 48 MGTC
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

You're awesome, thank you!

That motorcycle fatality ratio is frightening, they need the bull bars not R1Ts.
"Michigan motorists reported 52,218 vehicle-deer crashes in 2021. As a result of those collisions, 1,449 people were injured and 10 people were killed. Six of the people killed were motorcycle riders. Of the 52,434 motor vehicles involved, 41,154 (78.5%) were passenger cars, SUVs, or vans; 10,071 (19.2%) were pickup trucks; 137 (0.3%) were motorhomes; and 234 (0.4%) were motorcycles. All other vehicle types (including uncoded and errors) totaled 838 (1.6%)."

Wow. Motorcyles made up 60% of deaths, but were only 0.4% of total incidents......

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

So I asked my guide about these, and sent her pictures from several threads. Unfortunately she did not have information on them (even mentioned she wouldn't have believed they existed without the pictures, LOL).

If someone sees these again, can you get a full photo of the company logo on the doors, or any more information?
Sponsored